+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers v Oxford

Millers v Oxford

I don’t want to keep putting these on but this one I feel I need to
    RIP Charlie

Taken from FB;
    I am sorry for having to ask this, but I am hoping you can all do my family and I the great honour of a big favour. My 16 year old niece, God daughter and flower girl at my wedding, Charlie Hunter, suddenly and unexpectedly passed away last Sunday.
    Along with her Dad, Ian "Sid" Hunter, Charlie was a season ticket holder in the North Stand. She loved watching The Millers, home and away. A lot of our family, including supporters of other local clubs, will be attending Saturday's match against Oxford United. We will be wearing shirts with " Charlie 16" on the back.
    We were hoping in the 16th minute we could give her a round of applause. It would mean the world to us. Like I said, I am sorry I have to ask but hope you understand.
    Once a Miller, always a Miller 😢

Name:  072788D6-66CF-4159-AE34-4DF06EFA87F7.jpg
Views: 2362
Size:  8.5 KB

Don’t apologies millertop.
    I for one appreciate the info you put on here.

I will join in its tragic to lose a child I know this first hand.

RIP once a miller always a miller.

such a young age. life is sad at times. rip young lady

I couldn’t imagine what her parents are going through.

Very sad.

When an old duffer like me passes away, then ok we’ve had an innings at the crease

But 16 years old ffs, it’s just “wrong”

Agree Grist, this is so sad and just not how things should be. RIP Charlie.

Sorry for your loss as well Yak it is something no parent should have to go through.

I have a daught at the same age and with the same name. She was just starting out in life like mine with the world at her feet this world is so bloody cruel.

Rest in piece youg lady.

A win for her would be great and the minutes aplause is the least we could do

Best wishes to the family and of course we,ll remember her as we always do.

Most of the Cov fans joined in the last one. Big respect to them for doing so.
    Also Bris Rovs put up pictures and a note on their big screen regarding half a dozen of their fans who had passed away recently.
    It went on for about 15 mins and most of the Millers away contingent joined in. Great to witness that and putting rivalries aside.
    Was it Shankly who said football,s more important than life or death. It isn,t. Daft comment

I'm so very sorry to hear about this, Millertop. Probably most of us on here have daughters or nieces who have been this age and the idea of them suddenly not being around is almost unbearable.

You won't hear me because I'm too far away but I shall be clapping for Charlie on the six****th minute.

That’s so sad MT, brought a tear to my eye, I have a daughter nearly same age.

All the best to her family ...god bless Charlie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast