+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Superstition- Beverley Knight Singing Songs of Stevie Wonder, Bath, last night

Superstition- Beverley Knight Singing Songs of Stevie Wonder, Bath, last night

Me and Mrs Malwayne made the 120 mile round trip last night to watch this very talented female singer , perform some all time great songs at the Forum in Bath.we have always liked her music , and as she was not making an appearance in the Welsh capital, we decided to go across the Severn Bridge to catch her singing live.
    The Forum itself is very much an Art Deco venue which really rolled back the years in terms of layout , and was the right sort of venue for this type of show. Well, what about the show itself ? From the very first song , Superstition , she had the whole audience on their feet, and apart from the slower songs , that’s the way it stayed all evening during her two and a quarter hour set.
    You don’t seem to realise how many major classic songs , Stevie Wonder was responsible for ,until someone starts singing them one by one, right in front of you. Beverley Knight has one hell of a voice, and put 110’/, into her time on stage. The packed audience were with her every step of the way, as she moved around the stage ,during her 26 song performance. This included some of her own material as the show came to the final stages. It really was worth every penny,and also worth making the effort to go and see her. Those people who are due to see her perform on this tour are extremely fortunate and I envy them.You will have to go a very long way to hear a female with a voice as good as powerful and soulful as hers.A night to remember, that’s for sure ,and I hope we get the chance to see her perform live again in the not too distant future.

Good review malwayne. I'm looking for tickets right now.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)