+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oct 17th -Happy 100th Birthday Leeds United

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    So why aren't you still known as Leeds United AFC then and why were you renamed 'Leeds United Football Club' in 2007
    Because we knew it would piss d1ckheads off like you.

Not pissed off, I find it hilarious how easy you lot get wound up

Seems like we should answer the original post.

Can't say my Leeds memories have the extreme pedigree of Mrs. O's, but here goes...

1.Most memorable game for me.

It was a weird game in so many ways, but the one-off match between us and Stuttgart played in Barcelona back in the 92/3 season. I'd sat on a coach for what seemed an eternity to get to the (thoroughly incompetent) away leg in Stuttgart before the (crazy roller-coaster!) home leg at ER, so this was a totally unexpected Brucey-bonus. The Barcelona trip was as much down to the days spent around the game, but... Shutty!

2. Favourite Leeds player for me

Allan Clarke is up there for me too, but I'd probably choose Batty, simply beacuse I saw more of his playing career live. Including all of his goals.

3.My most memorable away day British ground & European ground experience.

Sticking with the 92/93 EC, I'd have to say the most intense was the "Battle of Britain" trip to Rangers. Obviously, the four of us weren't "officially" there and it was very hard not to give ourselves away when McAllister scored that belter so early on. Very tense.

In all honesty, I really enjoy trips to away grounds, both small and large. You get something out of all of them.

4.Worst moment.

I didn't travel to Turkey (that must still haunt those who did). Otherwise (and only tenuously Leeds-related), I remember sitting on an SC coach listening to the events of Hillsborough unfurl thinking that the victims could have been fans from any team. Horrible.

5.What Leeds United means to me.

It's my favourite "waste of time" as my mother used to say.

MOT

Not pissed off, I find it hilarious how easy you lot get wound up
    No doubt you find the drink driving escapades of the Derby players hilarious and the fact that not withstanding they crashed, are figures in the public eye and ran away from the scene they got what seems to be a somewhat lenient sentence- my god what a joker you are - please leave this site before my sides split permanently under the strain of your humour.

Back to the original thread ..,

Earliest memory was being taken to ER for the first time about 9 or 10 years of old and thinking how big the Kop stand was. Amuses me today now it is dwarfed by the East stand.

Hard to pick a favourite player so many from so many eras but always liked players coming through the ranks and Batty and Speed are up there. As a kid loved Tony Currie.

Hard to pick my most memorable away day but taking my kids to their first games away is up there.

Too many worst moments to pick just one.

Leeds is somewhere between a blessing and a curse coursing through my veins. It has been a narrative throughout my life.

So why aren't you still known as Leeds United AFC then and why were you renamed 'Leeds United Football Club' in 2007
    The same reason that you are no longer known as StensonRam, and as of 15.10.2019 renamed Sh itforbrainsTosserfromDurby .....

Why not just f uck off back to your own board....then again you wouldn't get ANY reaction there as you are about their only poster

Sorry I thought Leeds united football club was only 12 years old, the Leeds united your talking about ceased to exist in 2007, pretend all you like but it's a fact

You're getting your mental age and leeds utd mixed up again aren't you shagram.

I bet that the Rev attended their first game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post

"Leeds United Football Club was formed in 1919 as a successor to Leeds City"

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06233875

Have a go, 10/10 in 38 seconds for me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50084290

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)