+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oct 17th -Happy 100th Birthday Leeds United

Oct 17th -Happy 100th Birthday Leeds United

Well it's our clubs 100th Birthday .................... here's five snapshot memories from me over the last 50 years of journeys,controversies,battles,triumphs in various fortresses visited and the inspiration I've drawn following the club.Experiences which undoubtably made others,myself and family stronger and much wiser balanced human-beings.Owners,Managers,Players come and go but supporters are hooked for life on the roller coaster that is Leeds United.

1.Most memorable game for me.

1970 Leeds v Celtic at ER (old) European Cup 1st leg semi-final clash which we lost 0-1.Stood on a wooden stool in a packed Lowfields Road on the half way line totally in awe of the loud,hoards of swaying Celtic fans in the old Scratching shed.The atmosphere that evening got me hooked and no other match quite surpassed those 'feelings' in any other Leeds game I've attended since that night as a five year old.Still got the autographs from Bertie Auld,Bobby Lennox,Billy McNeil ...........

2. Favourite Leeds player for me

Seen a many greats over the years but for me it was and still is Allan Clarke.

3.My most memorable away day British ground & European ground experience.

The old Stamford Bridge was special & the 'state of art' futuristic Parc des Princes Paris back in 1975 was an eye opener facility wise which set the standard we're all used to today.

4.Worst moment.

Istanbul, Turkey against Galatasaray.The feelings of total fear and vulnerability before the match on 5th April 2000.

5.What Leeds United means to me.

My birth/home town.

Leeds United is a family shared passion.

Incredible loyal friendships made following the team,the spirit of belonging,the travel adventures,the many genuine friendships made with other teams fans and above all a belief that anything is possible and achievable if your determined to experience being a Leeds United supporter come what may.

I'm sure a few on 'ere will have 5 different tales to tell and share ?

MOT

Sorry I thought Leeds united football club was only 12 years old, the Leeds united your talking about ceased to exist in 2007, pretend all you like but it's a fact

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Sorry I thought Leeds united football club was only 12 years old, the Leeds united your talking about ceased to exist in 2007, pretend all you like but it's a fact
    I don't think you know what a fact is, considering what you have just posted.

Going into administration is not the same as being wound up. So please enlighten us how Leeds United ceased to exist in 2007? Facts only please

DYOR!

Leeds United Football Club Limited, founded 4 May 2007

Leeds United AFC as it was pre 2007 does not exist anymore

It's all out there you just have to take your blinkers off and accept it

DYOR!

Lol, the owning company was bought out, the club did not change. i.e. if Mel Morris sold Derby, the club would not cease to exist.

DYOR!

Just stop being a tool and we'd all be so much better off, even you.

So why aren't you still known as Leeds United AFC then and why were you renamed 'Leeds United Football Club' in 2007

So why aren't you still known as Leeds United AFC then and why were you renamed 'Leeds United Football Club' in 2007

"Leeds United Football Club was formed in 1919 as a successor to Leeds City"

You have no history!

You have no history!
    You know, for a Durby fan, you don't half spend a lot if your time posting to this forum. Is it so lonely on the Durby board?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)