+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Nketiah.

Nearly every Leeds supporter would agree with that.

Bamford works hard but he is not putting away the chances created..surely Eddie is worth a go..if it ain't working out we can always bring Bamford on..just a thought.

Personally I'd rather see Bamford AND Nketiah starting, play Bamford slightly deeper and put Klich in the Forshaw role. I think Bamford actually is quite important for how we play and I don't think Nketiah would be able to do it.

Lets see what the lineup is against Brum. I have a strong suspicion it'll be mostly the same starting 11 - unless Pablo and / or Forshaw are fit again (in which case it'll be Costa and Shack back to the bench). But I think the chances of Nketiah starting on Saturday are pretty low. This is how MB is, and it's extremely unlikely he's going to change his approach at this late stage. Is this actually the problem there's always been with MB - he can revolutionise a club with his ideas and his drive, but he can never be flexible enough to consistently achieve success, and in football, you have to have a level of flexibility and pragmatism because no two opponents are ever the same, and the circumstances surrounding every game are always different.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Lets see what the lineup is against Brum. I have a strong suspicion it'll be mostly the same starting 11 - unless Pablo and / or Forshaw are fit again (in which case it'll be Costa and Shack back to the bench). But I think the chances of Nketiah starting on Saturday are pretty low. This is how MB is, and it's extremely unlikely he's going to change his approach at this late stage. Is this actually the problem there's always been with MB - he can revolutionise a club with his ideas and his drive, but he can never be flexible enough to consistently achieve success, and in football, you have to have a level of flexibility and pragmatism because no two opponents are ever the same, and the circumstances surrounding every game are always different.
    We've been found out, we don't have any flexibility, we have a "coach" who is myopic and obsessive, FFS is anything going to change, ever??

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    We've been found out, we don't have any flexibility, we have a "coach" who is myopic and obsessive, FFS is anything going to change, ever??
    We've been found out???? That our coach is over-reaching with a squad that at best should be just top 10, 8 at a stretch... 50 plus games everyone a cup final, lets burn out Costa (returning from injury) and Eddie (first time playing competitive league football) before christmas, then just send them back knackered,,,, keep nagging away that we are not in pole position because anyone can see this squad should be at least 10 points ahead by now (said no-one ever)

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    We've been found out???? That our coach is over-reaching with a squad that at best should be just top 10, 8 at a stretch... 50 plus games everyone a cup final, lets burn out Costa (returning from injury) and Eddie (first time playing competitive league football) before christmas, then just send them back knackered,,,, keep nagging away that we are not in pole position because anyone can see this squad should be at least 10 points ahead by now (said no-one ever)
    Yes, we have been found out. Almost everyone who posts here (happy clappers or not), has commented on how we get caught on the counter by teams who sit back and pack their half, on how we have no real bite and can't turn the vast amounts of possession into real scoring opportunities, never mind actual goals, in how neither Harrison nor Bamford are going to do what they are paid to do, i.e. provide assists and score respectively.

Nobody is saying we should "burn out" anyone, but giving a loanee 10 minutes in any one game isn't going to "develop" anything but a square arse from sitting on the bench too long.

No one is suggesting we should be top of the division, but neither should we be dropping positions and at risk of being outside the top 6, when we dominate games as we do, (but presumably you will be satisfied with a top 8 finish, and miss out on the playoffs, again?)

So what you saying? We should pack our defence too? We play a great style of football to big crowds, dominate games, it’s only that we miss chances not being found out. Bamford who can’t score and Eddie who can but too young to carry the team for a whole season. Found out? I can’t think of one player including loanees who hasn’t improved/developed under his direction most who were the average inconsistent type we usually deploy of late due to finances.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    So what you saying? We should pack our defence too? We play a great style of football to big crowds, dominate games, it’s only that we miss chances not being found out. Bamford who can’t score and Eddie who can but too young to carry the team for a whole season. Found out? I can’t think of one player including loanees who hasn’t improved/developed under his direction most who were the average inconsistent type we usually deploy of late due to finances.
    Errr....no. We should play to our strengths, and what we do at present works as far as possession goes, but doesn't in the final 1/3, 1/4. One player can't carry the team, but using someone like Eddie with sufficient time on the pitch to really contribute could have made significant differences to several games already this season. I don't think I'm alone in having that opinion.

And as for players improving, that's obvious and no-one (me included), is suggesting there haven't been improvements (well, except for Harrison).

It's not just missing chances, were getting caught on the counter, repeatedly, and we can't defend well against corners and set pieces. Even you must see that, and what do we see being done about converting chances into goals, and defending better? Not much.

You do realize that if you play attacking football you will get caught on the counter attack? Even citeh have been "found out".

if you attack you will occassionally get beat on the counterattack. we just have to score more. It may or may not happen but it sure beats the hell our of the box packing hoof ball that most of the teams play.

Look at the bright side. If we don't go up you'll get your wish and we'll end up with someone like Steve Bruce, Big Sam or Pulis. Be careful what you wish for... you might get it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)