+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Nketiah.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    You do realize that if you play attacking football you will get caught on the counter attack? Even citeh have been "found out".

if you attack you will occassionally get beat on the counterattack. we just have to score more. It may or may not happen but it sure beats the hell our of the box packing hoof ball that most of the teams play.

Look at the bright side. If we don't go up you'll get your wish and we'll end up with someone like Steve Bruce, Big Sam or Pulis. Be careful what you wish for... you might get it.
    I wish folks (you included), would stop putting words in my mouth.

Do I want Bielsa to make some changes? Yes. And so do many others.

Do I want rid so we can have Big Sam or somesuch? No, and have never suggested I would.

It's not that we are "occasionally" getting beaten by counterattacks, we've dropped close to a dozen points this season alone as a result of such attacks. And you're absolutely right, we're not scoring, which goes back to the "Please Mr Bielsa, give Eddie more game time" suggestion that most supporters and those who post here have been asking for (but as it's me posting, I get warned to be careful what I wish for, as predictable as it is boring). And if he doesn't, and/or we continue to squander the huge amounts of possession that his tactics give us, then who will be wishing for what?

We would not be having these sort of conversations/disputes if we had a forward who could score fecking goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    We would not be having these sort of conversations/disputes if we had a forward who could score fecking goals.
    I, and a lot of others, think we do, we're just not giving him adequate opportunity to prove it (or otherwise).

I'm in total agreement with wtf, give the boy a chance, bamford isn't doing it, play Eddie, 5 goals in 7 games for England, 4 for us I believe, someone said his stats are a goal every 82 minutes, if it don't work then at least we've tried and we can all shut up.

we've given up 7 goals in 11 league matches.

the problem is not giving up goals on counterattack. It's ability to score.

I have no problem in supporting you fully on Eddie getting a chance.

However, I also know that the "el loco" name was not earned just at Leeds but has been around a long time. I suspect that his unwillingness to change out forwards is one of his quirks that go back a long long time.

Bamford does work hard. would be interesting to see what would happen with him just behind Eddie on the field at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Personally I'd rather see Bamford AND Nketiah starting, play Bamford slightly deeper and put Klich in the Forshaw role. I think Bamford actually is quite important for how we play and I don't think Nketiah would be able to do it.
    Agree mate, That would be my call too

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    We've been found out???? That our coach is over-reaching with a squad that at best should be just top 10, 8 at a stretch... 50 plus games everyone a cup final, lets burn out Costa (returning from injury) and Eddie (first time playing competitive league football) before christmas, then just send them back knackered,,,, keep nagging away that we are not in pole position because anyone can see this squad should be at least 10 points ahead by now (said no-one ever)
    Well I did say we should have been 7 points clear even before the Millwall game ....

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I wish folks (you included), would stop putting words in my mouth.

Do I want Bielsa to make some changes? Yes. And so do many others.

Do I want rid so we can have Big Sam or somesuch? No, and have never suggested I would.

It's not that we are "occasionally" getting beaten by counterattacks, we've dropped close to a dozen points this season alone as a result of such attacks. And you're absolutely right, we're not scoring, which goes back to the "Please Mr Bielsa, give Eddie more game time" suggestion that most supporters and those who post here have been asking for (but as it's me posting, I get warned to be careful what I wish for, as predictable as it is boring). And if he doesn't, and/or we continue to squander the huge amounts of possession that his tactics give us, then who will be wishing for what?
    Dont worry ladies and gents Belsia is Belsia and will never change and eddy will be off to greener pastures in jan and we will be sitting here talking about what could of been if we had a striker that can score so on. Ohh we going to give red card Berardi another 2years and lock in our superstars like Ayling and others for a couple more years.
    Hold on dont they want to go up? Why are they signing this players on long term contracts whom will never be good enough at the top level.
    WTF i understand perfectly what you are saying and are totally right but you are wasting your breath as nothing will change.

I agree with a lot of what is being said on here - I agree that changes are needed at times, I disagree that we have been found out, I agree that we must start putting away our chances, I agree that we don't let too many goals in, but also agree that we are susceptible to the counterattack, and struggle with set pieces - the same as we struggle to convert our own set pieces, I don't agree that Eddie will be going anywhere, I agree that I would rather watch our current brand of football than virtually any other team in our league, I disagree that Harrison is crap, but agree he does waste too many good opportunities...

The only changes I would like to see would be Eddie coming in for a midfielder - Shackleton/Foreshaw with Ayling coming in at center back. To me playing two up front with two wingers would surprise a few teams coming here expecting just Bamford up front and then playing a packed defense - and would probably throw some set ups into confusion that we could capitalise on.

Just think changing things occasionally from the off would make it harder for teams to know how to set up against us.
    Plus if we could start a few games getting a goal or two up early on would do wonders for team confidence.

No surprise to me and others on here that right on cue, Eddie has just put England u21 2-0 up tonight, the boy can't stop scoring.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)