+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Eddie Nketiah.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,743

    Eddie Nketiah.

    Rumours (just rumours) going round that maybe Arsenal will use the recall clause in his contract in January and loan him out to another club.They apparently want him playing on a regular basis and with Bamford a cert to start week in week out this could become a possibilty.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    671
    Hardly surprising. He'll probably end up knocking us out of the playoffs.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    1,125
    As I said in another post, you can't blame arsenal or Eddie, he's not getting game time, it's ok bielsa saying bamfords hold up play is good and his workrate is good, but he doesn't score goals, that's what he's paid for, Eddie does score, frequently, if bielsa gave him as much time as he does waiting for bamford to come good it would be ok, if Eddie goes and turns up at Bristol city, they will play him and he will score hatfuls, whilst we wait for bamford to still come good.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,743
    He may even end up playing at Arsenal after January.Their manager did not want to loan him out.
    Lad is talented and knows where the back of the net is.But hey..feck it..lets stick with Bamford.

    Only at Leeds United.......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    914
    Think it just the media racking up sales. I am sure that Arsenal were fully aware that Bamford was going to be our main striker this season. Eddie will get his chance but not because the papers say it his turn.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Think it just the media racking up sales. I am sure that Arsenal were fully aware that Bamford was going to be our main striker this season. Eddie will get his chance but not because the papers say it his turn.
    It's not the papers saying it's his turn, they are simply reporting what just about every Leeds supporter knows and what the club management seem to be oblivious to, i.e. that Eddie is much more likely to score than Bamford (or most other 1st team players).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    It's not the papers saying it's his turn, they are simply reporting what just about every Leeds supporter knows and what the club management seem to be oblivious to, i.e. that Eddie is much more likely to score than Bamford (or most other 1st team players).
    Reporting rumour & whispers i.e. racking up sales

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Reporting rumour & whispers i.e. racking up sales
    That much I agree with, but they (the papers) aren't saying what should happen, (for once), just reflecting what we all know and that is that there is a desire, on the part of lots of people, but apparently excluding Bielsa, to see Eddie given substantially more game time. If it was a non-story, the papers wouldn't try to use it to "rack up sales would they?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    TIf it was a non-story, the papers wouldn't try to use it to "rack up sales would they?
    Definitely not, there is no way the media would make up stuff just to sell papers. Such a respected industry would never break the rules

    In all seriousness, I don't think there is anything in them stories. Arsenal knew he would be starting from the bench most weeks and obviously feel that Biesla's coaching etc and some ltd game time is more beneficial than going to another club and playing more regularly?

    My issue is that we signed someone to bolster our fire power to get us to the prem and we aren't using him. Yes I get Bamford has to start if we are playing 1 up top, but why have we not changed our formation to accommodate Eddie? If he is just going to keep starting from the bench, I in all honesty would prefer Edmundsonor 1 of the other younger strikers to be given those minutes to develop.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Definitely not, there is no way the media would make up stuff just to sell papers. Such a respected industry would never break the rules

    In all seriousness, I don't think there is anything in them stories. Arsenal knew he would be starting from the bench most weeks and obviously feel that Biesla's coaching etc and some ltd game time is more beneficial than going to another club and playing more regularly?

    My issue is that we signed someone to bolster our fire power to get us to the prem and we aren't using him. Yes I get Bamford has to start if we are playing 1 up top, but why have we not changed our formation to accommodate Eddie? If he is just going to keep starting from the bench, I in all honesty would prefer Edmundsonor 1 of the other younger strikers to be given those minutes to develop.
    With you on all that.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    1,125
    Nearly every Leeds supporter would agree with that.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,743
    Bamford works hard but he is not putting away the chances created..surely Eddie is worth a go..if it ain't working out we can always bring Bamford on..just a thought.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,256
    Personally I'd rather see Bamford AND Nketiah starting, play Bamford slightly deeper and put Klich in the Forshaw role. I think Bamford actually is quite important for how we play and I don't think Nketiah would be able to do it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    980
    Lets see what the lineup is against Brum. I have a strong suspicion it'll be mostly the same starting 11 - unless Pablo and / or Forshaw are fit again (in which case it'll be Costa and Shack back to the bench). But I think the chances of Nketiah starting on Saturday are pretty low. This is how MB is, and it's extremely unlikely he's going to change his approach at this late stage. Is this actually the problem there's always been with MB - he can revolutionise a club with his ideas and his drive, but he can never be flexible enough to consistently achieve success, and in football, you have to have a level of flexibility and pragmatism because no two opponents are ever the same, and the circumstances surrounding every game are always different.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Lets see what the lineup is against Brum. I have a strong suspicion it'll be mostly the same starting 11 - unless Pablo and / or Forshaw are fit again (in which case it'll be Costa and Shack back to the bench). But I think the chances of Nketiah starting on Saturday are pretty low. This is how MB is, and it's extremely unlikely he's going to change his approach at this late stage. Is this actually the problem there's always been with MB - he can revolutionise a club with his ideas and his drive, but he can never be flexible enough to consistently achieve success, and in football, you have to have a level of flexibility and pragmatism because no two opponents are ever the same, and the circumstances surrounding every game are always different.
    We've been found out, we don't have any flexibility, we have a "coach" who is myopic and obsessive, FFS is anything going to change, ever??

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    We've been found out, we don't have any flexibility, we have a "coach" who is myopic and obsessive, FFS is anything going to change, ever??
    We've been found out???? That our coach is over-reaching with a squad that at best should be just top 10, 8 at a stretch... 50 plus games everyone a cup final, lets burn out Costa (returning from injury) and Eddie (first time playing competitive league football) before christmas, then just send them back knackered,,,, keep nagging away that we are not in pole position because anyone can see this squad should be at least 10 points ahead by now (said no-one ever)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    We've been found out???? That our coach is over-reaching with a squad that at best should be just top 10, 8 at a stretch... 50 plus games everyone a cup final, lets burn out Costa (returning from injury) and Eddie (first time playing competitive league football) before christmas, then just send them back knackered,,,, keep nagging away that we are not in pole position because anyone can see this squad should be at least 10 points ahead by now (said no-one ever)
    Yes, we have been found out. Almost everyone who posts here (happy clappers or not), has commented on how we get caught on the counter by teams who sit back and pack their half, on how we have no real bite and can't turn the vast amounts of possession into real scoring opportunities, never mind actual goals, in how neither Harrison nor Bamford are going to do what they are paid to do, i.e. provide assists and score respectively.

    Nobody is saying we should "burn out" anyone, but giving a loanee 10 minutes in any one game isn't going to "develop" anything but a square arse from sitting on the bench too long.

    No one is suggesting we should be top of the division, but neither should we be dropping positions and at risk of being outside the top 6, when we dominate games as we do, (but presumably you will be satisfied with a top 8 finish, and miss out on the playoffs, again?)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,187
    So what you saying? We should pack our defence too? We play a great style of football to big crowds, dominate games, itís only that we miss chances not being found out. Bamford who canít score and Eddie who can but too young to carry the team for a whole season. Found out? I canít think of one player including loanees who hasnít improved/developed under his direction most who were the average inconsistent type we usually deploy of late due to finances.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,780
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    So what you saying? We should pack our defence too? We play a great style of football to big crowds, dominate games, itís only that we miss chances not being found out. Bamford who canít score and Eddie who can but too young to carry the team for a whole season. Found out? I canít think of one player including loanees who hasnít improved/developed under his direction most who were the average inconsistent type we usually deploy of late due to finances.
    Errr....no. We should play to our strengths, and what we do at present works as far as possession goes, but doesn't in the final 1/3, 1/4. One player can't carry the team, but using someone like Eddie with sufficient time on the pitch to really contribute could have made significant differences to several games already this season. I don't think I'm alone in having that opinion.

    And as for players improving, that's obvious and no-one (me included), is suggesting there haven't been improvements (well, except for Harrison).

    It's not just missing chances, were getting caught on the counter, repeatedly, and we can't defend well against corners and set pieces. Even you must see that, and what do we see being done about converting chances into goals, and defending better? Not much.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,949
    You do realize that if you play attacking football you will get caught on the counter attack? Even citeh have been "found out".

    if you attack you will occassionally get beat on the counterattack. we just have to score more. It may or may not happen but it sure beats the hell our of the box packing hoof ball that most of the teams play.

    Look at the bright side. If we don't go up you'll get your wish and we'll end up with someone like Steve Bruce, Big Sam or Pulis. Be careful what you wish for... you might get it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •