+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Nketiah.

Eddie Nketiah.

Rumours (just rumours) going round that maybe Arsenal will use the recall clause in his contract in January and loan him out to another club.They apparently want him playing on a regular basis and with Bamford a cert to start week in week out this could become a possibilty.

Hardly surprising. He'll probably end up knocking us out of the playoffs.

As I said in another post, you can't blame arsenal or Eddie, he's not getting game time, it's ok bielsa saying bamfords hold up play is good and his workrate is good, but he doesn't score goals, that's what he's paid for, Eddie does score, frequently, if bielsa gave him as much time as he does waiting for bamford to come good it would be ok, if Eddie goes and turns up at Bristol city, they will play him and he will score hatfuls, whilst we wait for bamford to still come good.

He may even end up playing at Arsenal after January.Their manager did not want to loan him out.
    Lad is talented and knows where the back of the net is.But hey..feck it..lets stick with Bamford.

Only at Leeds United.......

Think it just the media racking up sales. I am sure that Arsenal were fully aware that Bamford was going to be our main striker this season. Eddie will get his chance but not because the papers say it his turn.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Think it just the media racking up sales. I am sure that Arsenal were fully aware that Bamford was going to be our main striker this season. Eddie will get his chance but not because the papers say it his turn.
    It's not the papers saying it's his turn, they are simply reporting what just about every Leeds supporter knows and what the club management seem to be oblivious to, i.e. that Eddie is much more likely to score than Bamford (or most other 1st team players).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    It's not the papers saying it's his turn, they are simply reporting what just about every Leeds supporter knows and what the club management seem to be oblivious to, i.e. that Eddie is much more likely to score than Bamford (or most other 1st team players).
    Reporting rumour & whispers i.e. racking up sales

Reporting rumour & whispers i.e. racking up sales
    That much I agree with, but they (the papers) aren't saying what should happen, (for once), just reflecting what we all know and that is that there is a desire, on the part of lots of people, but apparently excluding Bielsa, to see Eddie given substantially more game time. If it was a non-story, the papers wouldn't try to use it to "rack up sales would they?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    TIf it was a non-story, the papers wouldn't try to use it to "rack up sales would they?
    Definitely not, there is no way the media would make up stuff just to sell papers. Such a respected industry would never break the rules

In all seriousness, I don't think there is anything in them stories. Arsenal knew he would be starting from the bench most weeks and obviously feel that Biesla's coaching etc and some ltd game time is more beneficial than going to another club and playing more regularly?

My issue is that we signed someone to bolster our fire power to get us to the prem and we aren't using him. Yes I get Bamford has to start if we are playing 1 up top, but why have we not changed our formation to accommodate Eddie? If he is just going to keep starting from the bench, I in all honesty would prefer Edmundsonor 1 of the other younger strikers to be given those minutes to develop.

Definitely not, there is no way the media would make up stuff just to sell papers. Such a respected industry would never break the rules

In all seriousness, I don't think there is anything in them stories. Arsenal knew he would be starting from the bench most weeks and obviously feel that Biesla's coaching etc and some ltd game time is more beneficial than going to another club and playing more regularly?

My issue is that we signed someone to bolster our fire power to get us to the prem and we aren't using him. Yes I get Bamford has to start if we are playing 1 up top, but why have we not changed our formation to accommodate Eddie? If he is just going to keep starting from the bench, I in all honesty would prefer Edmundsonor 1 of the other younger strikers to be given those minutes to develop.
    With you on all that.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)