+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Eddie Nketiah.

I'd agree that I would like to see both strikers start together.

Playing just one up front is always going to be hard especially the way we play and how the team packs their box. I thought that the wingers were meant to overlap and create overload to help us score but I don't really see that happening in matches. That's why I think Bamford has a huge target on his back.

Playing a sole striker other players must step up and score, you just can't rely on one player. I'm not seeing much in the way of that. I'm seeing Bamford working hard and holding the ball up but with hardly any outlet for him to play it to another player. What also doesn't help is that a lot of our corners and crosses are woeful.

Playing both Bamford and Eddie would bring hold up play and pace to our attack, plus that players can interchange positions as Bielsa likes players that can play in two or more positions.

Playing with 1 upfront, away from home is something I think most fans do understand and support. At home, I feel that is more opportunity to play 2 up front, even if it is just in the second 1/2 of a match or after 65 mins or something, when the opposition are worn down.

So is going to play for us again or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    So is going to play for us again or not?
    No - and he will be recalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    No - and he will be recalled.
    I fear you might be right.

But what a missed opportunity if he is. We could be 10-15 points clear if we'd had his goalscoring ability in games where we've missed hatfuls of chances so far.

Hopefully it won't come back to bite us and we can keep the goals coming now with or without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I fear you might be right.

But what a missed opportunity if he is. We could be 10-15 points clear if we'd had his goalscoring ability in games where we've missed hatfuls of chances so far.

Hopefully it won't come back to bite us and we can keep the goals coming now with or without him.
    Oh he's gone in January Jez..nailed on.

Had he played at least 4 or 5 games during Bamfords 10 game goaless run we would be top by at least 6 points in my opinion.

A missed opportunity indeed..and a needless missed opportunity.

We are still a proven goal scorer away..don't get one in January and we (yet again) run the risk of missing out a top 2 spot.

But thats enought from the Rev..don't want to 'antagonize' those who know much more than me and go to more games than me and who's sh1t don't stink etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Oh he's gone in January Jez..nailed on.

Had he played at least 4 or 5 games during Bamfords 10 game goaless run we would be top by at least 6 points in my opinion.

We are still a proven goal scorer away..don't get one in January and we (yet again) run the risk of missing out a top 2 spot.

But thats enought from the Rev..don't want to 'antagonize' those who know much more than me and go to more games than me and who's sh1t don't stink etc etc etc
    Yeah i just saw a report saying he'll be available until Dec 29th and then gone. Who knows how accurate, but would seem very likely given everything that's happened.

So sad - the lad will end up playing for England full team in a world cup wtihin 2 years, the way he tears up the age groups. He's easily as good as Tammy Abraham.

With names like vydra and the young Liverpool lad Brewster being suddenly branded about it does seem Eddie may return to arsenal in January, which would be a great shame, what would be worse would be if that Muppet Johnson from Bristol city snapped him up and played him regularly, which is a strong probability, if so put a clause in to say he can't play against us, cos that boy is a superb talent and will bag someone hatfuls, shame it won't be us.

Quote Originally Posted by rev72 View Post
    oh he's gone in january jez..nailed on.

Had he played at least 4 or 5 games during bamfords 10 game goaless run we would be top by at least 6 points in my opinion.

We are still a proven goal scorer away..don't get one in january and we (yet again) run the risk of missing out a top 2 spot.

But thats enought from the rev..don't want to 'antagonize' those who know much more than me and go to more games than me and who's sh1t don't stink etc etc etc

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)