+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Nketiah.

And again

The summary of the match report says Eddue got a hat trick, but the detail gives Eddie two, (but he's quoted as being "pleased (he) can keep the match ball"), confusing?

One goal was classed as an own goal, but the fact is he scores regularly and often, whoever it may be for, even is when he gets game time.

Well he's said he's not happy being on the bench and has said he feels he is good enough to start..and I agree with him!

He goes back to Arsenal in January..nailed on..only ourselves to blame.

Blimey,Bielsa under fire for lack of goals scored and now "what every Leeds United supporter knows" & "what club management is oblivious to" ?
    Calm down all because frustration leads to stress folks ..........

My take on matters is that the training ground is were team patterns of play are practiced and when ready they are implemented on match day - that's how I and many others see it including the players and owners.

So 3 factual points for this Threads attention regarding statements of "what every Leeds United supporter knows & what management is oblivious to".

1.I've been fortunate to have been a visitor three times to TA this season as a media translator and training really is training and attention to detail over repeated tactical moves is methodical - that's my opinion from what I witnessed with my eyes.
    As Training can be observed by anyone from perimeter fencing feel free to formulate your own opinion on whether 'management is oblivious'.

Luke Ayling has stated“We’re playing games every day in training, big games, small sided games, trying to work on things that'll help us later on".
    https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....l-break-809029

2.The Bamford critics on social media appear to NOT be amongst the fans I attend games with nor sat around me at said games either.
    https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....discord-814465

3.If you watch training (anyone can for free) you would evidently see Tyler Roberts and less familiar youth names all adapting to said required alternate tactical changes hence Ayling stating options to switch tactical formations will be drilled in with current players available and that of course takes time to gel especially with injuries,returning players from injury,suspensions and various loan player contract clauses to juggle with.
    Fact was Tyler Roberts was injured and needed careful rehab time so young Eddie was bought in specifically to add cover for Bamford (also still recovering) I'm reliably informed by those I trust at the club directly involved with media for the club.

Eddie had a choice of two clubs to join.HE chose Leeds,he's happy and learning his trade as part of a happy squad being man managed by an excellent coach.
    Of course the media (Sky)will hype trash about him being unhappy but I note Boothroyd his England coach stated he was improving under Bielsa too as did Eddie himself.At Leeds he needs to be playing with Bamford and that is what I saw in training with our two full backs being key in that set up it appeared watching the routines.Problem was our regular full backs were still in rehab and not at full steam the days I saw training.

So in summary if 'patience' Eddie gets his start I wish him well but not sure how he'll cope under the spotlight as his recent media misrepresented comments prove he has a lot to learn on/off the pitch specifically putting unwanted pressures on himself,team mates and club,IMO.

MOT

Do they score any goals in training?

We'll bow to your obvious superior and inside knowledge then, please relay that to me again once bamford hits a scoring run, or when Eddie finally loses patience, I'm happy to eat humble pie and apologize, or say we told you so, whichever.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Blimey,Bielsa under fire for lack of goals scored and now "what every Leeds United supporter knows" & "what club management is oblivious to" ?
    Calm down all because frustration leads to stress folks ..........

My take on matters is that the training ground is were team patterns of play are practiced and when ready they are implemented on match day - that's how I and many others see it including the players and owners.

So 3 factual points for this Threads attention regarding statements of "what every Leeds United supporter knows & what management is oblivious to".

1.I've been fortunate to have been a visitor three times to TA this season as a media translator and training really is training and attention to detail over repeated tactical moves is methodical - that's my opinion from what I witnessed with my eyes.
    As Training can be observed by anyone from perimeter fencing feel free to formulate your own opinion on whether 'management is oblivious'.

Luke Ayling has stated“We’re playing games every day in training, big games, small sided games, trying to work on things that'll help us later on".
    https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....l-break-809029

2.The Bamford critics on social media appear to NOT be amongst the fans I attend games with nor sat around me at said games either.
    https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....discord-814465

3.If you watch training (anyone can for free) you would evidently see Tyler Roberts and less familiar youth names all adapting to said required alternate tactical changes hence Ayling stating options to switch tactical formations will be drilled in with current players available and that of course takes time to gel especially with injuries,returning players from injury,suspensions and various loan player contract clauses to juggle with.
    Fact was Tyler Roberts was injured and needed careful rehab time so young Eddie was bought in specifically to add cover for Bamford (also still recovering) I'm reliably informed by those I trust at the club directly involved with media for the club.

Eddie had a choice of two clubs to join.HE chose Leeds,he's happy and learning his trade as part of a happy squad being man managed by an excellent coach.
    Of course the media (Sky)will hype trash about him being unhappy but I note Boothroyd his England coach stated he was improving under Bielsa too as did Eddie himself.At Leeds he needs to be playing with Bamford and that is what I saw in training with our two full backs being key in that set up it appeared watching the routines.Problem was our regular full backs were still in rehab and not at full steam the days I saw training.

So in summary if 'patience' Eddie gets his start I wish him well but not sure how he'll cope under the spotlight as his recent media misrepresented comments prove he has a lot to learn on/off the pitch specifically putting unwanted pressures on himself,team mates and club,IMO.

MOT

Mrs you can train all you like but match day is diffrent other clubs tactics knowing opposition weakness so on.
    The kid is scoring goals for who ever his playing england leeds arsenal so on and all the attention he's getting hasn't stopped him from scoring.
    We have a problem as we cant score and we have someone that can sitting on the bench and hardly playing.
    As for bielsa and hes supposed nurturing of youngsters its all true i see them playing for all these other teams and doing good accept i don't see any playing for leeds united.
    Can you also ask the club why are they signing up all these supossed stars eg Berardi to longer contracts? Don't they want to go up? and if so do they really think this players are going to hold us in good stand?
    So far all i have seen is worse than last season as we cant win at home losing points left right and centre and playing the same crap players day in and out.
    Anyway i live to far away to go to training i can only watch closely the games on tv so you and others may know better but from this side the glass is half empty and i cant see any refills.

My perspective is leeds need to takes the chances their wonderful play creates, we have two strikers, one runs around a lot but can't score, ones on the bench but scores when he plays and scores for fun for his country, I don't have to be a world class coach to know who I would play, or try both.

We play great attacking football that is a joy to watch, we defend well, we have youngsters coming through, MB is fantastic, the direction of the club is promising but we don’t score enough of the chances created so teams take points of us. It happened in the back end of last season and 10 games in it is still an issue.

Bamford is so much better than last year but even he thinks he is missing chances - he told the YEP he should have at least 10. Why not play him at 10 and take the pressure of him. The midfield needs to step up too.

eddie scores goals for fun so why not try him or Edmudson with Bamford behind one of them. Anything to mix it up. If we keep failing to convert we won’t go up.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)