+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Away to QotS - Last of the first quarter.

Defence has been an issue for years. Never been addressed. You wld think that Robbie being a defender that this wld have been his bread and butter! Bt no he loads of any cover we had, bouhenna franz and boath and brings in Sporle as a left back, plays him left mid or benches him while playing our RB at LB. couldn’t make this shift up!!

Quote Originally Posted by arabiain View Post
    Deja Vu for me. This time last year we were getting 5 from County and Laszlo was then emptied. No chance of similar happening tonight after recent contract extension but drastic changes need to be made immediately as if we continue with these performances we will struggle to make playoffs but winning this league should be the only option.
    He’s a stubborn man, and doesn’t learn from his mistakes. I raised my concerns after the East Fife game, and got shot down from the likes of Shedka and Terry. Raised the same concerns after Ayr, then Arbroath, then Alloa, and they continued to shoot me down.
    Here we are after the first game following that Alloa disaster, and we got humped, so appears there was no reaction to the Alloa debacle. Shocking really!

For those at the game, did we start with any tempo, or the same p!sh like in previous weeks?
    What was Robbie’s body language on the side-lines?
    Reading earlier posts, he continues to play players out of position!
    At the end of the day, he’s there to manage and motivate the team, but recent performances and results suggest he can’t do that! Those are table stakes FFS!

Rant over lol

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Here we are after the first game following that Alloa disaster, and we got humped, so appears there was no reaction to the Alloa debacle. Shocking really!
    This is the real problem for me. It's absolutely disgraceful that we can turn in a result like that after Alloa.

6 points down the drain in two games.

Something is definitely up - it's certainly not confidence nor motivation - and Neilson better identify and rectify it asap.

Playing boys in their positions may be a good place to start.

He’s a stubborn man, and doesn’t learn from his mistakes. I raised my concerns after the East Fife game, and got shot down from the likes of Shedka and Terry. Raised the same concerns after Ayr, then Arbroath, then Alloa, and they continued to shoot me down.

For those at the game, did we start with any tempo, or the same p!sh like in previous weeks?
    At the end of the day, he’s there to manage and motivate the team, but recent performances and results suggest he can’t do that! Those are table stakes FFS!

Rant over lol
    Smith never a left back & Watson never a right back - why play both out of position- absolutely baffling. Reynolds never a captain, never seems to be trying to motivate his teammates & don’t get me started on his distribution. First time for ages we played Shanks & Appere up front, then our non existent midfield starved them off any service apart from hopeful punts. Even worse in second half when he moved Appere out to the left wing to leave Shanks isolated again.

We were absolutely honking today and yet he only made 1 subbie. Feck knows why he bought Adam King, if he wouldn’t bring him on today, he never will.

I looked over at the bench with 15 to go & RN was standing looking at his watch, looked like he couldn’t wait for the final whistle.

If we don’t address our away form & tactics, we will never win this league.

Rant over lol
    I am still raging. In summary:

1. Same pish little tempo
    2. He is destroying Liam Smith playing him LB to accommodate a very mediocre Watson. How bad must Sporle be??
    3. Ayr Alloa and today Brown and Reynolds never a pairing get Reynolds out asap for Connelly
    4. Harkes offers nothing at all. Stanton ditto better by a fraction
    5. Assume Butcher was unfit.
    6. Used only 1 sub regulation 60 mins. 3 at HT would have shown something
    7. Body language nonexistent.

Just about the worst ever I think.

It's one thing to lose a game, but the alarming thing is we haven't even been competitive in these two games, that is shocking really that we cant seem to put together a team that can be competitive away from home. Have we even looked like coming back in any of these games? Rank in defence, zero creativity, zero threat from set plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Defence has been an issue for years. Never been addressed. You wld think that Robbie being a defender that this wld have been his bread and butter! Bt no he loads of any cover we had, bouhenna franz and boath and brings in Sporle as a left back, plays him left mid or benches him while playing our RB at LB. couldn’t make this shift up!!
    but its a long term plan!!

Maybe for UTD it will be long term but extension or not if this continues it wont be long term for RN#!!

does this guy ever learn from previous set ups that have failed???superb reaction after last week aye

blowing this league big time......very very lucky to still be top but this luck of not being properly punished by other teams wont continue....

MUST DO BETTER

veryworriedwiththisschicht.com
    Last edited by Eamons_lost_wig_04; 19-10-2019 at 07:31 PM.

QOS didn't even have to work hard for that win, we were horrendous all over the park and only Appere gets pass marks from me.

1st goal Siegrist should be coming out for - soft header.
    2nd goal our defence caught flat footed - soft header.
    3rd goal was a good finish to be honest.
    4th - not a clue, was in the pub by then.

Players like Stanton & Watson are just not good enough. Shankland not for the 1st time (although starved of decent service again) didn't do enough and stayed on the shoulder of their centre halves, no movement whatsoever. Reynolds needs to be dropped and Butcher put in beside Brown and we need a dominant centre mid who can actually play as Butcher is so limited.

I can't believe how much the injury to Robson has unsettled our defence. Sporle HAS to play LB until Robson is back and get Smith back to RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    QOS didn't even have to work hard for that win, we were horrendous all over the park and only Appere gets pass marks from me.

1st goal Siegrist should be coming out for - soft header.
    2nd goal our defence caught flat footed - soft header.
    3rd goal was a good finish to be honest.
    4th - not a clue, was in the pub by then.

Players like Stanton & Watson are just not good enough. Shankland not for the 1st time (although starved of decent service again) didn't do enough and stayed on the shoulder of their centre halves, no movement whatsoever. Reynolds needs to be dropped and Butcher put in beside Brown and we need a dominant centre mid who can actually play as Butcher is so limited.

I can't believe how much the injury to Robson has unsettled our defence. Sporle HAS to play LB until Robson is back and get Smith back to RB.
    A brilliant summary S,special mention to your description of the 4th goal.I don't blame you mate.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)