+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Statement on O/S - Hassall gone

Another Statement on O/S - Hassall gone

Gresty Holdings (Crewe) Limited, which holds the controlling interest in Crewe Alexandra, is pleased to announce that it has reached agreement to sell all of the latter's shares to a group of local investors and supporters.

The agreement has the support of Norman Hassall and his family, The Railwaymen supporters' society, and the Crewe Alexandra board of directors.

The agreement ensures that ownership will remain with local people, who have Crewe Alexandra and the community at heart.

Following the restructure, no single shareholder would own more than 12.5% of the shares.

We're really moving forward in more ways than one this season, all being well.

Woop woop. F off Hassall

It depends how much the shares are going for. However, this seems to be really good news. Single shareholders?? So it could still be owned by a 'family'? Is the sale of shares a private thing? Will there be a public right to buy? What is the minimum stake allowed? How many ordinary supporters would think of buying some.

Does this mean that the club will have a change of owners but the ground will still be owned by Hassall?

My thoughts too and the car park?

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    Does this mean that the club will have a change of owners but the ground will still be owned by Hassall?
    I did believe that the former assets of the club, ground, car park etc, together with the 51.4% share holding were put into Gresty Holdings, so if the whole of Gresty Holdings is being sold, then all the assets will be sold with them. I may be totally wrong and while the primary importance is to get the 51.4% shares out of Hassal's hands, I believe its is also important to get all the assets off him too. There is the issue of what Hassall is getting in return and no doubt there will be a substantial profit built into this deal and there is still a big question mark over the £1 million pounds that was taken out of the club, but good riddance to the guy who has been holding this club to ransom for far too long.

|As a supporter I too would like to possibly purchase shares in the club and I am sure in time the board will let us all know the details. I am sure the board who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes to get us were we are now will give us more details. It is important that any investor in the club feel that their money is being used to further the development of the club and not individual shareholders.I would rather the board take there time and get things sorted so we get the right investment from local companies. If this works the club will be on a sound financial footing and looking forward to a prosperous future.

Some of you may be interested in this

https://railwaymen.co.uk/index.php/2...PLsyhONpibQD6U

Re the above. The supporters club need to raise £250000 to obtain a 10% share of the club. You can buy in at either £250 or £1000.
    I believe that you could get a group together and but 1 'share' So say 5 of you for £50 each will give you one vote.
    We need to step up to the plate on this one as it would give the supporters a voice on the board. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity not to be missed.
    The people who have organised this have put in over 7 months of hard work.

Quarter of a million for just a 10% stake??? NH seems to be doing very well out of this deal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast