+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Statement on O/S - Hassall gone

How does the the previous issue of shares from the 70's fit into this 10%. I know many of people on here are/were shareholders.

Well that's £2.5 million o that basis but he doesn't get that

Well if you had come to the meeting all was explained, existing shareholders keep their shares.
    This is a once in a lifetime for us supporters to get representation on the board

I do not know anyone in the Railway men group, just a supporter who thinks this is a great opportunity. It will be hard to raise but let's try and do it

Will try and explain everything I understand/know.

Hassall has agreed to sell for a fixed price which has been agreed, but crucially, not completed. This deal is only valid until a set point next year hence deadline to raise £250k by end of February 2020.

If the money is not raised the deal could be off. If the supporters group do not raise the required money everyone gets their money back but its currently unclear if this will mean the whole deal collapses.

The supporters group will hold 6.87% of the club if the money is raised which will also give the group a seat on the board. Anyone who buys a share via the supporters group is entitled to a vote on anything the supporters group propose or decide. It will be run democratically and nothing will be decided without a vote first by the shareholders in the group. It should be noted you won't hold a direct share in the club, but via the supporters group.

Hassall is selling his controlling interest in the company that controlls all the other companies (including land, stadium). A new holding company has already been set up called Crewe Alexandra Group limited which will house the club and the land assets - which will remain seperate to protect them as is common sense in business.

There are 6 other investors raising capital whose identities I'm sure will become public in due course when it is appropriate.

The two tiers of subscription in the supporters group are £250 and £1,000. The £1,000 does come with some extra benefits. This should not be viewed as an investment and its very unlikely you will see the money again, but it should be seen as an opportunity to have a voice in how the club is run and ensure it remains community owned. Fans can club together to reach the amounts if required and I am sure amounts above £1,000 woild be very gratefully received if it is something you can afford.

This is a limited offer for a limited time as per the agreement with NH. It may possibly be the only chance we ever have to own a proper stake in the club.

Current shareholders should not be affected by any of these moves and their shares will still stand. If the deal is successful no one will be able own more than 12.5% to prevent our current predicament ever happening again.

Reading today it already appears there has been several share subscriptions, at least one of which was the £1,000 category.

I'd highly recommend reading the share brochure on the railwaymen website which answers many more questions a lot more eloquently than I have done here. If any one has any questions then I will try and respond.

Up the Alex!

I'm in!

Thanks TK20, I have been waiting for you to put some sense to it.
    This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us all. I know money is tight and Xmas coming up but as DA says on the video look behind the cushions for any change.
    As it is Xmas coming up perhaps the wife/husband might like a share as a present?????????????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12