+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulgaria v england

Bulgaria v england

England 4 up at half time

What do folk think about whether the game should be stopped for the racist abuse?

I honestly don't know what the best thing to do is but what I do know is we're a million miles (hopefully) away from 'ah, just man up, it's just words'.

And before it's said, I'm not offended on anyone's behalf.

Mind, the irony of England supporters singing 'you racist bastards, you know what you are'.....while they happily sing....'fuck the Pope'....racism is a no-no but bigotry and sectarianism is fine, aye? pffft

Games have to go ahead imo
    Or they win

6-0 ......

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Games have to go ahead imo
    Or they win
    Aye, if i had to come down on one side or the other, it would be this then hoy the book at them retrospectively.

Although. for 'book' read 'brief pamphlet' given that it's UEFA we're talking about.

Zero tolerance should be exactly that!
    Well done to the England side for playing on
    Teams should face a heavy fine for fans going on like that
    Teams should also be either thrown out of competition
    Or ban all fans until the message gets across fully

Yup.

Mind, the FA representative was pathetic...going on about zero tolerance but then arse-licking UEFA by saying he knows they take it really seriously.

Do they shite.

Was pretty shocking.

I hope that the book is thrown at Bulgaria retrospectively but i'm not convinced it will be.

Ian Wright pointed out that half the stadium was empty and it still had no effect, even after that group left/thrown out apperently you could hear some dodgy stuff directed at Stirling.

English clubs were not long ago banned from European competitions for hooliganism.
    Countries with fans that carry on like this ban them as well.
    What gets me is they do Nazi salutes,the little prìcks are not old enough to shave let alone understand the consequences that came hand in hand with Nazism.
    It's like the England fans as Zip pointed out that sing about the Pope and the IRA,they havent got a clue what it is they are singing about.If they did they wouldn't do it.
    Racism and hooliganism was rife when I first started going to football.Its just sad nearly 40 years later a lot has been done to rid the game of hooligans and rightly so but racism is still there for all to see and hear.

I’d love some of those nasty little sh*ts to be on the receiving end of what they are supporting.
    10 home games behind closed doors should do for starters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)