+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post

The less said about muslims the better.
    Especially those sourcing food for foodbanks and the other ones selling poppies for the British Legion........... good and bad everywhere me owd.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Whether calling someone overweight and illegiitimate should fall under some kind of unacceptable -ism is a matter for debate.
    Happy to have that debate. Here's my starter.

Racial abuse by a couple of dozen tits of massively highly paid dilletantes who happen to be good at football. Unacceptable

Size/weight shaming pretty similar to the Leeds fans example by 10,000 tits of my two cousins, both with chronic issues leading to weight gain, who invest maybe 20% of their disposable income in following their team (not Derby as it happens). Unacceptable

Both IMO deserving of the same attention, yet unsurprisingly given the way of the world (or the UK at least) not

Some people see racism in every nook and cranny and I firmly believe if it didn't receive so much attention, there'd be less of it.
    Agreeing with this and my report from 'outside the bubble' is that this and the doughnutting of people of colour into every possible tv news report and current affairs programme increasingly pi**es off many.

Not a mention of the slaughter of white farmers in S Africa. Or the unimaginable atrocities of muslims on white children. Throw a banana on to a football pitch and World War III breaks out. White man's burden, I guess.
    ‘No mention...of the unimaginable atrocities of Muslims on white children’...really?

So how do you know about it...if, as according to you, it’s ‘unimaginable’ and there’s been ‘no mention’ of it.

That comment is absolute tripe and you know it. Yes the primarily left wing councils were hopelessly wrong in initially trying to cover up the activities of ‘grooming gangs’ in various parts of the country, but there have, quite rightly, been an endless supply of dramas and documentaries not to mention never ending newspaper articles covering the subject ever since.

You may be ‘sick to the back teeth of hearing about racism’...perhaps that’s because you’ve never been a victim of it...and what’s ‘the less said about Muslims the better’ meant to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

You may be ‘sick to the back teeth of hearing about racism’...perhaps that’s because you’ve never been a victim of it...
    A point Clumsily made rA, but as I've shared with you before, there is a groundswell even amongst reasonable-thinking folk of 'racism fatigue'

To direct the debate, whats missing here is that this wasn't a couple of drunks overstepping the line, it is large scale organised racism. Even taking the ism out of it, its targeted abuse of innocent people, who despite their fame and fortune, are not deserving of such treatment.

I don't buy the line of banter with racism, we KNOW the line here, to overstep it in such a manner is knowingly doing so.

I get Andy's donuting comment, lecturing innocent people with no racist bone in their body will create a feeling of being fed up with hearing about it, and isn't going to change those who are racist. This is clearly evident in this instance where those in the wrong openly held up anti respect slogans, making a mockery of such schemes. Its easy to hashtag slogans, have mixed race marketing materials and pat ourselves on the back, the real challenge is tackling those with the issues head on, which is a lot more complex.

Not sure whether the ‘clumsiness’ you refer to is yours or mine, AF.
    Either way, I dare say many are suffering from racism fatigue, Brexit fatigue, charitable request fatigue etc etc.
    Doesn’t alter the fact that these are all real and serious issues that need addressing.
    The football authorities are attempting to address the very specific issue of racism in football.
    Personally I thought it was something confined to the seventies but having seen the ugly head of racism in football grounds reappear recently I for one welcome the stance against it and until people understand and recognise the impact that racism in football has on young black men we will have a huge problem.
    Much has been said recently about the ‘role model’ aspect of the Lawrence and Bennett case...as a young black person in this country how would you feel watching your heroes and possible role models jeered and subjected to monkey chants and the throwing of bananas simply as a result of their colour?
    It’s just wrong Andy.

No, Gunterrys. sorry I didnt make that very clear

Either way, I dare say many are suffering from racism fatigue, Brexit fatigue, charitable request fatigue etc etc.
    Doesn’t alter the fact that these are all real and serious issues that need addressing.
    The football authorities are attempting to address the very specific issue of racism in football.
    Personally I thought it was something confined to the seventies but having seen the ugly head of racism in football grounds reappear recently I for one welcome the stance against it and until people understand and recognise the impact that racism in football has on young black men we will have a huge problem.
    Much has been said recently about the ‘role model’ aspect of the Lawrence and Bennett case...as a young black person in this country how would you feel watching your heroes and possible role models jeered and subjected to monkey chants and the throwing of bananas simply as a result of their colour?
    It’s just wrong Andy.
    I' m not saying its not wrong, and very sensitive to it as the loving/protective father figure of two coloured lads who I consider family. My point is that the issue is given massively more exposure than other totally valid ones. When was the last time you heard 10,000 blokes chanting 'you black b^stard? When was the last time you heard 10,000 blokes chanting 'you fat b^stard'?

Yes, Andy Faber, and I wonder how football fans would be portrayed if they chanted 'you fat black b*stard? I'm guessing they'll be knuckle dragging scum for being racist and rude for calling someone fat. Being insensitive to the feelings of others should is wrong no matter what the circumstances.

Oh, and 6-0 might look good but Bulgaria were the worst international side I can remember. Spain or Germany would have reached double figures.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)