+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orwell was right all along.

Orwell was right all along.

We have now lost the right to protest...

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...hole-of-london

Well we're certainly in Orwell territory BT, when a party calling itself Liberal and Democratic wants to overturn the result of the biggest democratic vote ever in this country, but I don't see how the right to protest has been lost. The circumstances and allowable extent of this particular protest have been called into question, and if the police have acted beyond their lawful powers then the protesters can, and no doubt will, seek redress in the courts. But this is nothing new, putting restrictions on protesters activities, kettling etc, have been with us for a long while, in fact if you think back to Orgreave in the 80s, the police have gone soft on protesters now in comparison.

This is how I got my shoulder broke...

Attachment 14128

Now winter is starting to kick in, the arthritis drives me mad.

Battle scars BT, but the police gone soft nowadays, I doubt these crusties have ever seen a police baton, never mind a police horse, and whatever happened to Boris's water cannon, all that money down the toilet when they could have been put to good use here.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Battle scars BT, but the police gone soft nowadays, I doubt these crusties have ever seen a police baton, never mind a police horse, and whatever happened to Boris's water cannon, all that money down the toilet when they could have been put to good use here.
    I show it to the ladies located on the far left sinkov, it's my badge of honour!

typical dishonesty from the Grauniad - seems there wasn't an all out ban on them protesting - more likely coming down on them because they're worried about losing Money and folk refusing to pay the Council Tax or not having the dosh pay their bills....but no fear there for industry-sponsored E-R's founder/leader, Gail Bradbrook...who calls her self a ‘climate Psychologist ' with her many corporate friends and backers who're setting themselves up to benefit big from this enforced sustainable dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I show it to the ladies located on the far left sinkov, it's my badge of honour!
    Was Dianne impressed BT, did she give you a cuddle, you could lose yourself in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

typical dishonesty from the Grauniad - seems there wasn't an all out ban on them protesting
    Shocking accusation Norder, the Grauniad peddling FAKE NEWS !!! No. I'm not having that, not in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Shocking accusation Norder, the Grauniad peddling FAKE NEWS !!! No. I'm not having that, not in a million years.

they couldn't report a Lithuanian sneeze - Sinkov.....Aciu.

"We have now lost the right to protest..."

Here you are BT, your good friends the British Proletariat give their view on the right to protest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P1UXYS6Bmg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)