+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jail dodged

Jail dodged

Not sure if I am happy with this or not, in view of the added fact that they fled the scene of the accident leaving injured passengers (it seems). Thoughts?

Yes they did leave the scene but returned of their own volition very shortly after (albeit still drunk and still driving) which will have been taken into consideration.

Automatic jail time kicks in at 4 times the limit. Both were shy of double the limit.

Makes a mockery of the DYS and F*r*st fans when it happened talking about failed drugs tests, pills, cocaine etc. As suspected they were merely trying to get Rams fans to rise to the bait. I didn't see any that did.

The courts try to ally sentencing to previous ones handed down. It appears it has been a first offence for both and that was also taken into consideration. Now the level of overthelimitness is known, it seems reasonable in comparison to similar cases.

There will be those who think that because they are footballers in the public eye that they should have been made an example of but English Laws says all people are equal under the Law so, no example was warranted IMO.

Hard to believe this most drink driving cases take a year to come to court ,but this has been done and dusted so quickly I can't argue with the sentence because there are rightly rules for everyone My only disappointment is that they are available for selection .Lawrence admitting he's a drink problem to overcome his confidence problems That coming from a professional athlete is pretty worrying

Totally agree with MA on this.
    They’ve done wrong...both paid the price, hopefully they’ll learn.
    Show me a man who has never made a mistake or done wrong and I’ll show you a liar.

Usually agree with most of what you write mista, but I don’t think Lawrence will be the first or the last footballer to seek solace in alcohol. He needs help now and I don’t think the comparative attitudes towards the two at Barnsley - Lawrence booed, Bennett given the ‘he’s one of our own’ chant - was remotely helpful.

Still feel sorry for Keogh. He seems to have gone into some sort of hiding. Concerned for him.

I demand a re trial. The judge used words like "bright" and " talented".

An obvious stitch up if ever I've seen one.

Ha Tricky, typical of you remainers to want a second go when you dont get your way first time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ha Tricky, typical of you remainers to want a second go when you dont get your way first time!!
    Lol...he also quoted Piers Morgan this morning...now that really is clutching at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...he also quoted Piers Morgan this morning...now that really is clutching at straws.
    Yearh, you're slipping. You'd have normally dived straight in.
    Liberals don't like anyone who doesn't think or do anything like them,

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It was a fatuous comment from an arrogant self obsessed narcissist in the first place.
    The fact that you feel the need to repeat it speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Shame the people you follow would have you one of the first up against a wall and shot if they coud but hey you thivkos never learn do you?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)