+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Just Silence

I admire thi fo gooin Jules. A just cuddant cross that threshold.

Glimmers of hope ev tekkin us bottom but that's wot happens in a new manager's first game. If we gerrowt at WBA and Huddersfield am wi thi.

Nowt to admire. 11,000+ did same. Think most of them did it for the young lads. Very few, if any protests.
    Usual 30 Singing Stendel name, soon fizzled out. Protest ended.
    I’m no ar$e licker, as regards the owners, we just need to get behind these lads. If they lose 10-0 at Huddersfield next this Saturday, and ruin my life for the next 20 years, I’ll still back the players. Some of these lot will come good. I’ve a sneaking feeling that Mr Stendel could have cost us more points than we know......just like Hecky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Nowt to admire. 11,000+ did same. Think most of them did it for the young lads. Very few, if any protests.
    Usual 30 Singing Stendel name, soon fizzled out. Protest ended.
    I’m no ar$e licker, as regards the owners, we just need to get behind these lads. If they lose 10-0 at Huddersfield next this Saturday, and ruin my life for the next 20 years, I’ll still back the players. Some of these lot will come good. I’ve a sneaking feeling that Mr Stendel could have cost us more points than we know......just like Hecky.
    Aye well Stendel put 97 league points on the board so the one in the technical areas plenty to aspire to in my opinion of course .

Wonder how he'll go on if Woodrow goes in January ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye well Stendel put 97 league points on the board so the one in the technical areas plenty to aspire to in my opinion of course .

Wonder how he'll go on if Woodrow goes in January ?
    Woodrow......on his current return in this League will not be worth more than we paid for him.
    Who knows who we will sign in January.

97 points in a very poor League one. .. Experienced players like Mcgeady didn’t get Sunderland up last season. This Murray fella may be a bag of Sh1t, I don’t know.
    We’ve had Messiahs before and moved on. That was Another Daniel, by coincidence. ....
    We’ve seen promotions from League one a few times.... last years points total was in a very poor league. Nowt world beating. 97 points flattered us, I watched EVERY game bar 2, and we were not world beating. At times we were shocking.. ( Oxford, Shrewsbury, and a debacle at Sunderland and a lucky escape after a poor Walsall game........
    we went up courtesy of two very good teams losing matches unexpectedly. I enjoyed and celebrated the whole season, it cost me loads..... but even the staunchest of Stendel supporters cannot admit that at times, we were far from the second best team in the League
    We were flattered. And even with Pinnock and Lindsay, we would be struggling.

Euphoria is great.. reality is what we have.
    This is THIS SEASON. NOT LAST.
    THAT HAS GONE.

We have to support this team. We aren’t supporters of a board. We are supporters of a TEAM.

Woodrow......on his current return in this League will not be worth more than we paid for him.
    Who knows who we will sign in January.

97 points in a very poor League one. .. Experienced players like Mcgeady didn’t get Sunderland up last season. This Murray fella may be a bag of Sh1t, I don’t know.
    We’ve had Messiahs before and moved on. That was Another Daniel, by coincidence. ....
    We’ve seen promotions from League one a few times.... last years points total was in a very poor league. Nowt world beating. 97 points flattered us, I watched EVERY game bar 2, and we were not world beating. At times we were shocking.. ( Oxford, Shrewsbury, and a debacle at Sunderland and a lucky escape after a poor Walsall game........
    we went up courtesy of two very good teams losing matches unexpectedly. I enjoyed and celebrated the whole season, it cost me loads..... but even the staunchest of Stendel supporters cannot admit that at times, we were far from the second best team in the League
    We were flattered. And even with Pinnock and Lindsay, we would be struggling.

Euphoria is great.. reality is what we have.
    This is THIS SEASON. NOT LAST.
    THAT HAS GONE.

We have to support this team. We aren’t supporters of a board. We are supporters of a TEAM.
    Your entitled to your opinion of last season Jules , it differs from mine but that's where we are .

No we aren't supporters of a team that's the whole point we / you are the supporters of a policy that presents a group of players that in reality don't have to be here for you to support .

We have a good enough budget even at this level to have choices on how we recruit .

You are in essence being asked to support a policy that says EVERY player we sign must have a sell on value , that sell on value conflicts with promotion aspirations and the ability to sustain championship football .

Money before anything else , that's what you are supporting with all due respect .

When it goes tyts up then they throw the HC under a bus and if they throw decent HC's under a bus like Hecky and Stendel then they'll throw the support under a bus too .

Jules we drew 1-1 against a side who probably were surprised by our system , it doesn't make things right because we weren't hammered

Wait a while and see how the next two go with this system , WBA and Town have seen it now .

Supporters of a team who’s owners have no ambition, owners that sell the best players from under the managers nose, owners who don’t listen to a coach when he asks for some experience to bolster the young lads that they have brought in, owners who fail to recognise a managers efforts after he leaves.
    And I’ll tell you who they will bring to the club in January any 19-21 year old who is cheaper than the player who’s just bee sold and is on less wages!

“Money before anything else , that's what you are supporting with all due respect .”

No. Don’t think so .........I remember watching, paying money home and away when this club hadn’t the money for soap. Low fourth division..
    I certainly don’t support money. That’s insulting.

“Money before anything else , that's what you are supporting with all due respect .”

No. Don’t think so .........I remember watching, paying money home and away when this club hadn’t the money for soap. Low fourth division..
    I certainly don’t support money. That’s insulting.
    Money before anything else is todays raison d'etre with football obviously coming a very poor second with our current incumbents
    It wasn't so when you [we] supported in the old fourth div
    I think that was Animals' point & not aimed at you personally Jules

The published attendance figure of 11,000 is tickets sold rather than people through the turnstiles.

My main issue with these owners is they ev made a choice of what comes first--football needs or profit potential.

Football needs suggest that a blend of experience and youth results in a successful team.

Profit potential dictates that only young players can be bought on four year contracts to sell after two years.

The owners have made their inflexible choice. No experience, no loans-- and the almost inevitable result is we are bottom of the league and the old cliche of "the league table doesn't lie" kicks in

As in the 2018 January window when relegation loomed I think they will panic and break their rules this coming January window when it will possibly be too late.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-10-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Money before anything else is todays raison d'etre with football obviously coming a very poor second with our current incumbents
    It wasn't so when you [we] supported in the old fourth div
    I think that was Animals' point & not aimed at you personally Jules
    Ah right.... sorry Animal....read it wrong. !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast