+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Just Silence

It sounds like we put in a decent performance yesterday and well done to the players for that.

When I saw the pre match team sheet I thought --it looks like he has chosen the most experienced team available to him.

The worrying aspect for me is that it sounds like we gave it the maximum yesterday yet still couldn't win in this tough league and have gone bottom.

Young players should be eased into a team, not required to shoulder the burden.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-10-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Ah right.... sorry Animal....read it wrong. !
    No problem Jules .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Today I enjoyed it. Hope you did too. First time for weeks I’ve seen a glimmer of hope
    I did once I relaxed from the horrible 2hr 50 minute traffic jam on the M1...no warning signs till I got on. Not what I needed when my ankle isn't right yet, I'd planned on being able to drive ok for an hour. Then the eejit at the station tried to refuse me access to the bridge, I was struggling to loosen my ankle up. He relented as he'd just let a young lad through because his mum worked in the trains! Anyway I got there in time then someone collapsed behind us so that was scary, fortunately all was ok reasonably quickly.

After all that I managed to relax and was impressed by the behaviour of the crowd and by the team's performance. It was very fortunate that we scored so soon after them as it stopped any bad vibes developing. I got my ankle sorted and the journey home was fine. Worth the effort and I am glad I went.

Onwards Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It sounds like we put in a decent performance yesterday and well done to the players for that.

When I saw the pre match team sheet I thought --it looks like he has chosen the most experienced team available to him.

The worrying aspect for me is that it sounds like we gave it the maximum yesterday yet still couldn't win in this tough league and have gone bottom.

Young players should be eased into a team, not required to shoulder the burden.
    The most pleasing thing about yesterday, was the crowds behaviour. Second was the effort. The protests didn't materialise..
    There was a nervousness about the crowd.... little sing of Daniel, then nowt. Pleasing that.
    Things change. No protests, and I was surprised.
    Strange, yet I came away happier than I have done since Fulham.
    I think even if we’d have lost yesterday I would have been happier.
    Strange

"Happiness is putting your hand in a bag of snakes and pulling out an eel"

Happy Valley Centre.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    "Happiness is putting your hand in a bag of snakes and pulling out an eel"

Happy Valley Centre.
    Is that what Harry Redknapp said when he was crowned 'King of the Jungle'?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345