+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Silence

Just Silence

I can’t remember a time when we had such silence from the club. From the days when we knew nowt about our club apart from what we read in the Friday Chronicle, and then later when we paid £1 a minute for Clubcall has there been such a sustained period of silence.
    The latest “Log On” of the fan app details our two internationals, both uninspiring events, and a piece detailing how Elliot Simoes is doing well.

I get the fact that the club are “entrenched” I get the fact that they know we are fed up. Thursday we will be fed with a slick piece from some player ( with a lawyer behind him) begging the fans to back the players, and we are expected to be grateful that the £4.99 we pay to iplayer has delivered this.

After 38 years in supermarket retail, I think I know what the lifetime value of a customer is. Amd a lifetime customer is valuable...... because it’s not just the lifetime customer you upset when you upset them.

It’s what I spend, multiplied by 52 weeks a year Multiplied by a shopping lifetime of hopefully 60 years (from 18 years old)
    Multiply that by the four kids I have, all brought up to shop where I shop, the four families they have, and the money they spend over the lifetime, 52 weeks a year, 60 years each family....... The people I encourage to shop there do the same.
    It’s a lot of brass.

Now image Mr Conway what Damage can be done by a lifetime customer who decides that the place where I shop is no longer good.

I tell people.....they tell people... My kids tell people.

Because.... Mr Conway, Mr Lee, Mr Bean, Ms Heung.....
    You aren’t just dismissing OUR loyalty. You are probably depriving this club of future generations of customers.

Start talking. Start communicating.

Your customers are waiting for comment .
    They won’t wait long.

You’ve highlighted this week of the great non league fare available. ( are you trying to drive us away?j.

Shelley FC. is a dog walk from me. Run by competent, communicative people. £4/5 entrance, and shiny New hand driers. Bar, and a 15 mile journey less.

Then I’ll take the grandkids. A generation lost to you Mr Conway.

Can't argue with that Jules .

Well said Jules , and to use a supermarket phrase " when they've gone they’ve gone "

Tha reyt wot thaz sed Jules.

These owners are killing the club.

A can't wait fo the Official Statement abart the Jumble Lane crossing arrangements tomorrow.

To be fair this club has always been short-sighted with how it caters for the fans and the people around them. Simple things like not having enough food at games, repeatedly running out of things where they could make money, not allowing you to by certain juvenile tickets on the day of games. It's easy stuff for me and just the basics that anyone with an ounce of common sense and responsible for finances should sort out. I'm shocked that they haven't even tried to feed us rubbish over this last week. I'd be chuntering as I read it but I could at least see they were trying. Not looking forward to Saturday at all!!

Hey Jules, youve got one more kid havent you.... dont forget the little doggy, hes your 'son' in a way isnt he ? .

But seriously mate, I agree with all that and yes of course, customer support and positive customer opinion counts for a heck of a lot in business doesnt it. But these stuffed suits at Oakwell at the moment, either dont care or maybe they just havent got a scooby do/clue.

In a direct way the dog puts in too!
    Gets me
    Out walking to clear the head when we get hone after a battering!!!!!

Spot on Jules couldn't have been said any better! My Lad is 19 years old and was born in Aylesbury but has supported the Reds since he opened his eyes for the first time!
    He now attends games without me which is a testament to how much the club has got into his blood, however he doesn't want to go anymore and there isn't a more enthusiastic supporter out there, believe me he never shuts up about the goings on at Oakwell but with Daniel leaving and the awful response from the club he's totally lost heart.

**** them! It's OUR club and we'll get off our backsides and support em whatever!
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Well said Jules , and to use a supermarket phrase " when they've gone they’ve gone "
    I'll give you 2 more supermarket phrases you can apply to the Barnsley board.
    1) WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get. And come next June,
    2) BOGOF, Buy One Get One Free.
    Although I'd rather the board BOG OFF.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast