+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T The Mods of this wonderful board.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    ok, i've sent Gary an email and posted in the mod forum with the request for an 'off topic' sub forum
    Cannie be fairer than that mate.

I honestly thought i would have been held to account on my assumption that there will be any need for such a thread next year but there does seem to be an inevitability about it happening regardless of us being telt by our EQUAL union partners that we cannie have one.

ok, i've sent Gary an email and posted in the mod forum with the request for an 'off topic' sub forum

Offshore delivers a Sub Forum

Boris couldnae deliver a Pizza

Crack on, but with the following stipulations:

* it keeps to one thread and doesn't spill out to other United topics
    * no abuse, any abuse its getting pulled and class as a banned topic again
    * discuss and debate like adults no childish bickering
    * no racism of any kind this includes slagging off the English
    Can't slag the English! This sub forum won't last long lol.

I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    Offshore delivers a Sub Forum

Boris couldnae deliver a Pizza
    dinna jinx it mate, it's not active yet ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Can't slag the English! This sub forum won't last long lol.

I'm out.
    Lol ken, reason i say that is we have a few English based posters on here plus visitors fae down south so with trying to get a sub forum we canna have it getting any complaints

Lol ken, reason i say that is we have a few English based posters on here plus visitors fae down south so with trying to get a sub forum we canna have it getting any complaints
    Having served in the armed forces in my hey day including 4 years in West Germany and an emergency tour in West Belfast i stood shoulder to shoulder with English soldiers and some of my best friends were English.To be honest during my apprenticeship as a 16 year old i was subjected to some horrific racial abuse by a large minority of my English seniors in college.
    I was told by other Scots my life would be better if i conformed to English rules and customs,to any posters out there who know me its fair to say you will know that my life never got any easier,a Captain got to know of my predicament and offered to send me home for a couple of months on full pay,i refused to go and saw out the remainder of my apprenticeship and passed out the very day United won their first ever major at Dens Park.
    As an adult soldier i still found it difficult to conform to some of the rules you have to follow and being a proud Scot was very much frowned upon,then one day i woke up in an army prison cell to be told by my superior officer that they could not get me posted to Scotland as i requested but they were prepared to send me to a wee bit of Scotland inside West Germany and i was posted to the 1st Battalion The Black Watch the next day,to most of my Corps that was regarded as a punishment posting due to the harsh discipline and regime of my local regiment but i was in heaven to be back amongst my own people.
    I have never had a problem with the English per se but if i can show you how Scots could be treated in English army apprentice schools in the late 70's and early 80's i will give you one example.England v Scotland 26th of May 1979 at Wembley,Scotland go 1 nil up i get assaulted by at least 3 people,England equalise its 6 this time and so on and so on,fortunately it finishes only 3-1 to England so only 4 hidings.
    Many people had many reasons to vote NO in 2014 and i respect that but by phuck i had many reasons to vote YES and will continue to do so.Thig Ar Latha,FACT.

Having had a wee bit of time to reflect on what i posted earlier i would to clarify the point i am trying to make but failed to above is, i realised at 16 years of age that the Act of Union of 1707 was a myth,i was told in history lessons at Lawside Academy it was a joint union between 2 Kingdoms and we were equal partners,on my life journey down south i was treated well by many but others gave me the welcome that William Wallace received in London.
    They get different history lessons or did in English schools,a lot of them still hark back to their Empire,they still think Wallace still alive deserved watching his organs burning i blame Westminster and the English establishment for all of that.I will never have a go at the working class people of England on this board or in real life but i will never rest till my country is free from the shackles of Westminster and the millionaires that lounge on the green benches and treat it as their Eton playground,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Having served in the armed forces in my hey day including 4 years in West Germany and an emergency tour in West Belfast i stood shoulder to shoulder with English soldiers and some of my best friends were English.To be honest during my apprenticeship as a 16 year old i was subjected to some horrific racial abuse by a large minority of my English seniors in college.
    I was told by other Scots my life would be better if i conformed to English rules and customs,to any posters out there who know me its fair to say you will know that my life never got any easier,a Captain got to know of my predicament and offered to send me home for a couple of months on full pay,i refused to go and saw out the remainder of my apprenticeship and passed out the very day United won their first ever major at Dens Park.
    As an adult soldier i still found it difficult to conform to some of the rules you have to follow and being a proud Scot was very much frowned upon,then one day i woke up in an army prison cell to be told by my superior officer that they could not get me posted to Scotland as i requested but they were prepared to send me to a wee bit of Scotland inside West Germany and i was posted to the 1st Battalion The Black Watch the next day,to most of my Corps that was regarded as a punishment posting due to the harsh discipline and regime of my local regiment but i was in heaven to be back amongst my own people.
    I have never had a problem with the English per se but if i can show you how Scots could be treated in English army apprentice schools in the late 70's and early 80's i will give you one example.England v Scotland 26th of May 1979 at Wembley,Scotland go 1 nil up i get assaulted by at least 3 people,England equalise its 6 this time and so on and so on,fortunately it finishes only 3-1 to England so only 4 hidings.
    Many people had many reasons to vote NO in 2014 and i respect that but by phuck i had many reasons to vote YES and will continue to do so.Thig Ar Latha,FACT.
    Not nice to hear this G, but it probably explains why you are such a bitter and twisted wee kunt

Spot on mate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)