Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post
I think you are projecting still - where is this sacred Doctrines of Capitalism? Private ownership of the means of production and property, free market economy and self interest (which is mutilfaceted and complex when linked in with Maslows Hierarchy of Needs) are the closest you can get to the basic tenets of capitalism, but I just disagree with the belief that the greedy worst of the free market is capitalism but somehow the best of the free market isn't.

You're most likely right in regards to how this will affect football though, at least at the highest level. How awful a future we can see before us where in all likelihood our sporting institutions will become the mouthpieces of authoritarians. It didn't take long for LeBron James - probably one of the most famous sportsmen and role models on the planet, to come out in apparent apathy of the oppression of Hong Kong protestors and supporting China's opposition to freedom of speech.
Milton Friedman, one of the most famous and influential proponents of free market economics wrote that "there is one and only one social responsibility of business—to use its resources and engage in activities designed to increase its profits so long as it stays within the rules of the game, which is to say, engages in open and free competition without deception or fraud.''

I actually think you are projecting: you want to somehow claim Sweden with its high taxation and redistribution via social welfare for capitalism, yet you don't want Apple or Friedman, which I find bizarre.