+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team v Belper

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So you say we should "play as strong a side as possible", and then say we should rest Slocombe, Turner, Enzio and Wootton.

How does that work?
    Some may argue that the players being brought in should be starting anyway. Ask Navy about Enzio. Several have bemoaned the lack of game time for Bird. Wootton could well be unavailable. Fitz is a more than adequate replacement in goal and was first choice. Turner has not long come back from injury. So yes it’s a strong side.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Some may argue that the players being brought in should be starting anyway. Ask Navy about Enzio. Several have bemoaned the lack of game time for Bird. Wootton could well be unavailable. Fitz is a more than adequate replacement in goal and was first choice. Turner has not long come back from injury. So yes it’s a strong side.
    But you said we should "play as strong a side as possible". For me that "as strong as possible" side would include Slocombe, Turner, Enzio* and Wootton. I'm not against resting a few regular starters, but if we do for me it won't be the strongest side possible.

* of all the people to ask about Enzio, I would rather ask the village idiot then navypie. At least the village idiot might have an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Fitz?? I was rather hoping to never see that bloke in a Notts shirt ever again. Clearly Ardley feels the same way, as he’d rather have an outfield player on the bench than that clown. Even if Slocombe got injured i reckon he’d sign someone else.

Stick Tyson up front or the Ox in defence if we must, but please keep Slocombe in goal.

But you said we should "play as strong a side as possible". For me that "as strong as possible" side would include Slocombe, Turner, Enzio* and Wootton. I'm not against resting a few regular starters, but if we do for me it won't be the strongest side possible.

* of all the people to ask about Enzio, I would rather ask the village idiot then navypie. At least the village idiot might have an open mind.
    I thought I was the village idiot. Enzio , if I EVER see him have a good game, I will be the first to come on here and say so. Open-minded enough for you? Anyway oh great one, if Dennis plays Saturday, let's hope he doesn't miss anymore 8 out of 10 " sitters" with his unnatural foot shall we.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I thought I was the village idiot.
    No argument from me there. I was just trying to be polite.

No argument from me there. I was just trying to be polite.
    I was just trying to divert the attention away from you. I don't have to try to be polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Nothing less than the strongest available side will do as far as I’m concerned. Belper will be playing as if their lives depend on it and we cannot risk a defeat which would be of historic, and cataclysmic, proportions.
    We’ve put out full strength sides in the cup before and lost to non league opposition. I do understand the concerns though as it would be a new low.

For me this season it’s all about the league and giving ourselves the best chance of getting out of it. We’ve played 17 games already and it’s only mid October. Some of our regulars need a well deserved rest having played two games a week for most of August and September. Also it only takes some pumped upped over enthusiastic and clumsy challenge from an opposing player to see a key player injured for weeks.

Besides we’ve got a squad big enough to put out a good starting 11 to suit the opposition (talking in a diplomatic football manager mode for weakened side ) Plus if a select 11 out of our entire professional squad picked for the game can’t do a professional job and beat an 8th tier side then they shouldn’t be playing for this club.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 16-10-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Ardley saying there won’t be many changes at all, he doesn’t want to hand out places in the team to those that “don’t deserve it, or haven’t earned it”.

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Ardley saying there won’t be many changes at all, he doesn’t want to hand out places in the team to those that “don’t deserve it, or haven’t earned it”.

Ouch.
    Good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Good to hear!
    Yep. On the other hand you can get 16/1 on a Belper win!

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...er-town/winner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast