+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team v Belper

Team v Belper

Getting through to the proper rounds of the FA Cup this season is obviously important given our position and the financial rewards for winning each game. That being said, how should we line up for this game considering we have a big game v Chesterfield the following weekend? Should we go unchanged or get some miles into the legs of those who have played a bit part so far this season?

I'd go thus:

GK: Slocombe

RB: Kelly-Evans
    CB: BIRD
    CB: Turner
    LB: Bakayogo

RM: Rose
    CM: Doyle
    CM: Booty
    LM: Shields

ST: Wootton (will S****horpe let him play)
    ST: Tyson

Subs: Dennis, Mccrory, Enzio, Rawlinson, Thomas

Wouldn't make too many changes but would definitely give Turner a rest (looked a bit jaded towards the end of the Torquay game & we need him more for the Chesterfield game). Would give Bird a much needed start & Thomas and Osborne also a game.

I'd rest quite a few. Slocombe, Turner, Brindley, Enzio, Dennis and Wootton are all key players and we'll need them for the season for us to have any chance of returning to the Football League at the first attempt and an injury in this game, even though it IS the FA Cup, would be very annoying.

Fitzsimons

Tootle
    McCrory (Rawlinson if DMC isn't fit yet)
    Bird
    Kelly-Evans

Osbourne
    Doyle
    Rose
    Shields

Thomas
    Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I'd rest quite a few. Slocombe, Turner, Brindley, Enzio, Dennis and Wootton are all key players and we'll need them for the season for us to have any chance of returning to the Football League at the first attempt and an injury in this game, even though it IS the FA Cup, would be very annoying.

Fitzsimons

Tootle
    McCrory (Rawlinson if DMC isn't fit yet)
    Bird
    Kelly-Evans

Osbourne
    Doyle
    Rose
    Shields

Thomas
    Tyson
    Enzio's had his feet up for over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by justincast View Post
    Wouldn't make too many changes but would definitely give Turner a rest (looked a bit jaded towards the end of the Torquay game & we need him more for the Chesterfield game). Would give Bird a much needed start & Thomas and Osborne also a game.
    Agree with this. No game midweek, keep the momentum we’ve got and hopefully score a few goals. Plus we don’t want the danger of any replay.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Getting through to the proper rounds of the FA Cup this season is obviously important given our position and the financial rewards for winning each game. That being said, how should we line up for this game considering we have a big game v Chesterfield the following weekend? Should we go unchanged or get some miles into the legs of those who have played a bit part so far this season?

I'd go thus:

GK: Slocombe

RB: Kelly-Evans
    CB: BIRD
    CB: Turner
    LB: Bakayogo

RM: Rose
    CM: Doyle

ST: Wootton (will S****horpe let him play)

Subs: Dennis, Mccrory, Enzio, Rawlinson, Thomas
    I'm not sure that I'm too bothered about the cup this season. It's three wins now until we stand a chance of getting a big draw in the third round. Plus it's an extra risk of injuries to key players. Time for some to have a rest.

If someone said we could either have a good cup run or finish in the play-offs then I'd take play-offs every time.

However having said that we have a squad large enough that we should be able to give players minutes who have not featured recently. I would rest the regulars such as Slocombe, Turner, Rose, Wootton and give others a chance to show what they can do against lower non-league opponents. Also gamble and have the two youngsters Centre Backs at the heart of the defence with experience on the left and right.

GK - Kean

RB: Tootle
    CB: Bird
    CB: Dunn
    LB: McClory

RM: Osborne
    CM: Crawford

ST: Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I'm not sure that I'm too bothered about the cup this season. It's three wins now until we stand a chance of getting a big draw in the third round. Plus it's an extra risk of injuries to key players. Time for some to have a rest.

If someone said we could either have a good cup run or finish in the play-offs then I'd take play-offs every time.

However having said that we have a squad large enough that we should be able to give players minutes who have not featured recently. I would rest the regulars such as Slocombe, Turner, Rose, Wootton and give others a chance to show what they can do against lower non-league opponents. Also gamble and have the two youngsters Centre Backs at the heart of the defence with experience on the left and right.

GK - Kean

RB: Tootle
    CB: Bird
    CB: Dunn
    LB: McClory

RM: Osborne
    CM: Crawford

ST: Thomas
    We could get Mansfield or Sunderland or Bradford which would be decent games.
    But I think the team is about right except Dunn who has gone on loan to Grantham
    Last edited by i961pie; 16-10-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Nothing less than the strongest available side will do as far as I’m concerned. Belper will be playing as if their lives depend on it and we cannot risk a defeat which would be of historic, and cataclysmic, proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Nothing less than the strongest available side will do as far as I’m concerned. Belper will be playing as if their lives depend on it and we cannot risk a defeat which would be of historic, and cataclysmic, proportions.
    That could happen with our strongest side though!
    That said, play as strong a side as possible and win the game first. Any player carrying a niggle should be rested. Fitz should play in goal for me. Turner rested for Bird. Enzio rested for Oz. Wootton rested for Thomas. Still leaves the nucleus of the side that’s been successful over the last month or so, and IF we get a good lead you can then start bringing on the fringe players and start resting the likes of Dennis and Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    That could happen with our strongest side though!
    That said, play as strong a side as possible and win the game first. Any player carrying a niggle should be rested. Fitz should play in goal for me. Turner rested for Bird. Enzio rested for Oz. Wootton rested for Thomas. Still leaves the nucleus of the side that’s been successful over the last month or so, and IF we get a good lead you can then start bringing on the fringe players and start resting the likes of Dennis and Rose.
    So you say we should "play as strong a side as possible", and then say we should rest Slocombe, Turner, Enzio and Wootton.

How does that work?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast