+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt Rhead

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I never rated Tootle as highly as some on here, but they go to more matches, so fair enough. Kelly-Evans was a trialist and we would probably not have signed him if we hadn't been desperate at the time. Is he really good enough? If he is, why did we sign another RB, a far better one.

We are going in the right direction. Passengers will disembark along the way.
    Tootle is a favourite with the fans because of various reasons but we are not in a position to be carrying people though as the club is still at an all time low and in the process of rebuilding, club before player for me, pay him up part of his contract and get rid !

And as for Matt Rhead, the blokes a donkey and a dirty one at that !
    Should of stayed at JCB
    The only job he could do for Notts is working the doors on the Meadow club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Is he really good enough? If he is, why did we sign another RB, a far better one.
    I'm not sure Kelly-Evans was signed to be the first choice right back but he didn't put a foot wrong when he was earlier in the season. He is also cover for left and right back, can cover on both sides as a wing back too and with only 5 subs having someone that can effectively cover 4 positions AND he's only 23.

People look at his height and think he'll be far too small (especially for this league, which is meant to be so much more physical) but he continues to prove people wrong in that regard by winning more headers than I saw Milsom or Tootle win throughout last season already and he's even given away a couple of freekicks by outmuscling attackers

As for why we signed another one? I'd say it's because whenever Ardley realised Brindley was available and willing to join he rightfully jumped at the chance to bring him in. Now we have 2 good options at right back, plus Tootle who I'm fairly sure has no future at Meadow Lane anymore and Rose and Rawlinson as 3rd and 4th choices in an injury crisis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123