+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy sells Ilkeston

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He's still banging on how he saved Notts and losing our league status wasn't down to him.

In fact one of his later tweets:

Survival was “never” in doubt. I had 2 fallback positions at all times but was developing the best deal I could which was in the “best interests” of the football club not a hotel or residential property developer. And that I delivered on 👍

and similarly

And our players were brilliant, all season 👍

The idiot is on a different planet.
    Deluded tw@t!

He must be mentally ill to still be on Twitter. It's the social media that played a massive part in his downfall. It can't be good for him, or his family, to still be on there and followed by 9000-odd Notts fans and football people who either hate or pity him.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Why?
    No idea! I've only ever tweeted him twice, neither time was remotely offensive. Although one did suggest apologising for the mess we were in, maybe he took exception to that, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    He must be mentally ill to still be on Twitter. It's the social media that played a massive part in his downfall. It can't be good for him, or his family, to still be on there and followed by 9000-odd Notts fans and football people who either hate or pity him.
    Out of the 9000-odd there are a couple who give him the validation he craves, eg:

Alan Hardy
    @Bigalanh5
    Replying to
    @neilvparkinson
    and
    @NickyH4WK5
    Thanks Neil, best wishes
    11:49 PM · Oct 16, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
    The Littlest Hobo
    @topbrewer
    ·
    3h
    Replying to
    @Bigalanh5

@neilvparkinson
    and
    @NickyH4WK5
    I worked with a Notts County fan, he was over the moon when you came in and literally saved them @Bigalanh5
    . I know he was deeply upset when it went sour at the end giving what you did at the start. Good luck for future Alan.

I thought it was common knowledge that he had mental health issues and one has to assume he's ignoring his therapist's advice, or more likely, has sacked them.

Hardy was interviewed on 5 Live last night as part of an evening's discussion on How to run a football league club. Basically said:
    It wasn't his fault
    He didn't overspend, Paragon's demise had put the club in jeopardy (he threw the Paragon CEO under the bus again, as if he had come in and made the company insolvent in less than a year, nothing to do with Hardy mortgaging it to the hilt to support Notts)
    The Forest/Mansfield stuff was banter and they all misread it
    It was never about him, it was all about the club; he didn't like doing media interviews and got nervous before them

Listen here, if you're arsed, think it was quite near the start

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07r7hx1

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The one thing that appears to be a fact based on experience so far is that he did ultimately sell the club to owners who have our footballing interests at heart, rather than other priorities, and who seem to be far more stable and low-key in their approach.

To what extent that was achieved by accident or design will always be up for debate, but if Alan Hardy's position is that this was all part of a masterplan, then it's fair to say he took it closer to the wire than any fan would want.
    Whilst it is a fact he did sell the club to owners who do have our best interests at heart it does not excuse or relieve him of his responsibilities as chairman and custodian to insure there was sufficient funds available to pay the bills, the staff and player wages. Also the lengthy long drawn out process and not forgetting the Alex May connection.

It was a house built on sand and once the Paragon Cash Cow had ran dry everything else (apart from the Golf Course??) came crashing down.

The fundamental mistake he made was that he brought Notts but then appointed a CEO of Paragon and spent his time at Notts according to reports. He would have been better off concentrating on Paragon and thus continue being the head of the income stream and letting others run Notts. But I don't think his ego would have allowed him to do that. He clearly enjoyed the limelight and attention and being chairman of Notts provided that platform for him. Also not forgetting the opportunity to mix with well known people in football.

This is where the Reedz Brothers appear to be entirely the opposite. They appear to let the football people run the club and they concentrate on their own business. Like good referees the best football club chairman should not be seen and not heard the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

To what extent that was achieved by accident or design will always be up for debate, but if Alan Hardy's position is that this was all part of a masterplan, then it's fair to say he took it closer to the wire than any fan would want.
    It was the "design" of the Haydn Green estate, the city council, Lillian Greenwood. They forced Hardy's hand

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Hardy was interviewed on 5 Live last night as part of an evening's discussion on How to run a football league club. Basically said:
    It wasn't his fault
    He didn't overspend, Paragon's demise had put the club in jeopardy (he threw the Paragon CEO under the bus again, as if he had come in and made the company insolvent in less than a year, nothing to do with Hardy mortgaging it to the hilt to support Notts)
    The Forest/Mansfield stuff was banter and they all misread it
    It was never about him, it was all about the club; he didn't like doing media interviews and got nervous before them

Listen here, if you're arsed, think it was quite near the start

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07r7hx1
    16:40mins in.

He seems to be re-writing history regards buying the club. He says it wasn't a question of being motivated to buy Notts, it was a necessity because Ray Trew pleaded with him to save it. He gives the impression that he knew nothing about the situation until four days before the club would be wound up, which completely overlooks the fact Hardy was in talks with Trew for almost a year.
    He says the mistake he made was trying to stretch out the finances to achieve success and is still annoyed with MPs Greenwood and Soubry and the local media for "creating panic" among the support base.

Why can't he just feck off

He must have considered selling to the discredited Alex May consortium or he wouldn't have continued to have discussions with them (and refused to rule them out). If they could have made an offer that was workable for them and Hardy would have got a better price, he'd have taken it alright. He treats people like we all came up the Trent on a banana boat but doesn't fool anyone.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast