+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy sells Ilkeston

Hardy sells Ilkeston

See Business Week - apologies that I don't have the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    See Business Week - apologies that I don't have the link.

Alan Hardy departs as Ilkeston Town FC prepare for new ownership.

Ilkeston Town FC Head Coach Mark Clifford has completed the takeover of the Club following successful negotiations with outgoing owner Alan Hardy.

Clifford, a former Ilkeston Town player, takes the reins less than two months on from his appointment, redoubling his commitment to the Club.

Clifford said “This is an extremely proud day for me and an ambition fulfilled after 25 years in football".

“I’m going into this with my eyes wide open knowing that there is a lot of hard work ahead to develop our squad and improve our ground.”

“As people are aware my involvement with the Club is not limited to the present time, I have also had time at the Club as a player in the past. Despite much turmoil over the years along with the constant threat of extinction I was pleasantly surprised at the unwavering passion still being shown both within the Club and by the supporters.”

“For this reason along with my own personal ambition I decided to use a network of my contacts to try securing help in purchasing the Club, along with moving it forward to where I believe it needs to be. These people have now committed to investing significant funds in order to purchase the Club and pay off all outstanding debt.”

“Their vision and business model in respect of creating a self-sustaining Club whilst enabling me to build a team capable of progressing to greater heights will be exemplary to other non-league clubs and there for all to see in forthcoming press releases.”

“Anyone that puts time, effort and money into a project of this nature deserves tremendous credit and I would like to thank Alan Hardy for the part that he has played in Ilkeston’s history and saving the Club back in July 2017

“There are big challenges ahead but I’ll be surrounded by good people committed to driving our standards, on and off the pitch.”

Clifford forged his managerial reputation with a golden spell as number two at Basford United having hung up his boots on a playing career punctuated by league appearances for Mansfield Town and Boston United, and four spells at Ilkeston Town.

“My history with Ilkeston stretches back a long way and while it may appear like a big leap, an opportunity to become the custodian of the Club felt like something that I had to embrace,” said Clifford.

“There’ll be no immediate change in the running of the team and I’ll still be calling the shots from the dugout on Saturday afternoon but, away from our match days, we will be putting a plan together that can deliver the stability needed to become self-sufficient and successful.

“It’s new, there’s a lot to plan and there will always be bumps in the road, but we hope to be in a position to unveil more details about our structure and our plans very soon.”

Clifford closed the statement summarising “I can confirm several millions of pound are to be invested into the clubs new business model, securing its future, providing better facilities and funds to strengthen the playing staff along with creating a community project that not only supporters, but local businesses and residents can participate in and be proud of. All at the club believe community involvement during these exciting times is paramount in its predicted future success.”

Ilkeston face Frickley at home on Saturday and Clifford urges the fans that have supported from afar to come down and cheer on their team

If the mind boggles that Alan Hardy spent money in the unsustainable way he did on Notts County, it boggles even more that he chose to purchase ownership of a second club when the financial problems at Meadow Lane must already have been bubbling under. It was an empire built on hot air.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If the mind boggles that Alan Hardy spent money in the unsustainable way he did on Notts County, it boggles even more that he chose to purchase ownership of a second club when the financial problems at Meadow Lane must already have been bubbling under. It was an empire built on hot air.
    He's still banging on how he saved Notts and losing our league status wasn't down to him.

In fact one of his later tweets:

Survival was “never” in doubt. I had 2 fallback positions at all times but was developing the best deal I could which was in the “best interests” of the football club not a hotel or residential property developer. And that I delivered on 👍

and similarly

And our players were brilliant, all season 👍

The idiot is on a different planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He's still banging on how he saved Notts and losing our league status wasn't down to him.

In fact one of his later tweets:

Survival was “never” in doubt. I had 2 fallback positions at all times but was developing the best deal I could which was in the “best interests” of the football club not a hotel or residential property developer. And that I delivered on ��

and similarly

And our players were brilliant, all season ��

The idiot is on a different planet.
    The one thing that appears to be a fact based on experience so far is that he did ultimately sell the club to owners who have our footballing interests at heart, rather than other priorities, and who seem to be far more stable and low-key in their approach.

To what extent that was achieved by accident or design will always be up for debate, but if Alan Hardy's position is that this was all part of a masterplan, then it's fair to say he took it closer to the wire than any fan would want.

Hogarth’s Ilkeston is a a great Victorian Gin Palace. I bet it's full tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The one thing that appears to be a fact based on experience so far is that he did ultimately sell the club to owners who have our footballing interests at heart, rather than other priorities, and who seem to be far more stable and low-key in their approach.

To what extent that was achieved by accident or design will always be up for debate, but if Alan Hardy's position is that this was all part of a masterplan, then it's fair to say he took it closer to the wire than any fan would want.
    He took it closer to the wire than was good for the club and its staff. Unfortunately the Reedtz brothers will be too discreet to give their side of the story but I hope it was AH who blinked first.

Hardy's blocked me on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Hardy's blocked me on twitter
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    Hogarth’s Ilkeston is a a great Victorian Gin Palace. I bet it's full tonight
    Hardy was certainly seeking out a Beefeater with those saucy snaps.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast