+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there any point of a Brexit deal

Dear me 123 what a flippin hypocrite you are! "I thought Leavers were all about 'Will of the people''. How can you even utter that phrase when you blatantly ignored the will of the people! YOU JUST DON'T LISTEN!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Dear me 123 what a flippin hypocrite you are! "I thought Leavers were all about 'Will of the people''. How can you even utter that phrase when you blatantly ignored the will of the people! YOU JUST DON'T LISTEN!
    You are just using slogans which mean nothing. 'The will of the people' was designed by the RW press....

But if you insist on using that then according to polling, the 'will of the people' has changed and they now want to remain.

In your version of democracy, do people get the chance to change their mind once they are clearer on the facts? Are people allowed to voice discontent at the current Government's Brexit policy?

If the answer to either question above is no, then you want us to live in a dictatorship.

I tell you what. There is no pleasing politicians. No brexit without a deal blah,blah,blah. I hope the EU tells our House of Commons that no deal is now the only answer.
    And how does 123 think we will be poorer if we leave the EU. Can he give me the 6 winning lottery numbers from his Marxist crystal ball. Tit!

He's sucked up all the scaremongering Ram. Believes it all from the experts who keep changing their minds and can only use worst case scenario's. What were we always told as kids? "stop believing the worst all the time it seldom happens". Well if you are a remainer suddenly it always happens. Well it don't.

Well they managed to rush the Benn act in less than 24 hrs (with all the future problems this act will have for future governments) why can’t they do the same with the withdrawal act?

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    I tell you what. There is no pleasing politicians. No brexit without a deal blah,blah,blah. I hope the EU tells our House of Commons that no deal is now the only answer.
    And how does 123 think we will be poorer if we leave the EU. Can he give me the 6 winning lottery numbers from his Marxist crystal ball. Tit!
    What are you talking about? Open your eyes and look at the evidence.

Seriously, read it thoroughly.

Read our current governments analysis on leaving with a deal and leaving with No Deal.

Read the IFS analysis.

According to S&P Global Ratings (independent ratings agency) the Brexit vote has already cost us £66bn and we haven't even left yet.

Read some reputable and impartial sources of information, separate from what you are currently reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Wick5y View Post
    Well they managed to rush the Benn act in less than 24 hrs (with all the future problems this act will have for future governments) why can’t they do the same with the withdrawal act?
    Is this a serious question?

Very much so . You really have no idea of how bad for this country the recent interference by the courts and parliament will have in the future for any government whether conservative labour Lib Dem’s etc . The precedents that have been set by these actions will come Home to roost for all future governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Wick5y View Post
    Very much so . You really have no idea of how bad for this country the recent interference by the courts and parliament will have in the future for any government whether conservative labour Lib Dem’s etc . The precedents that have been set by these actions will come Home to roost for all future governments.
    This is our constitution. We need our independent judiciary and our Parliament. This is how our system has worked for hundreds of years.

Our Courts have just abided by our constitution. Our Parliament is our sovereign power, not our government or Boris Johnson. Our Parliament creates laws and cannot bind itself. So if a future Parliament wants to change anything that has happened then it can do.

The legal text has just been released for Brexit. It looks like it is a similar deal to the one Theresa May rejected...

But don't worry about that, The Daily Mail will present it as amazing. Then blame MPs for blocking it and that is the narrative they will create.

And countless people on here will fall for it.

The people are the sovereign power not parliament

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)