+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legends Wood Carving

I must agree i could not really pick out Stephen from the sculptors but Billy Houliston is bang on and it is a great tribute to the 3 of them and Stephen as ever spoke well and is a great ambassador for the club. Well done to Jardi and the Peoples Project and the artist behind it.I hope it stands for a long time to reflect the dedication and service of these players.Interesting to hear Stephen's interview on the official site of him being slightly annoyed by Mark Jardine's comment of not matching last year's goal haul. Would Jardi be available to fire him up before every game?

If that's what it takes, then I'm sure I could have a word!

We'd had a chat before the unveiling and I joked about "just a hat-trick today" and Stephen said he'd be happy with just the one. He actually said he'd be happy to get 13 goals this season, never mind 43, - so of-course there was the opportunity to make mention of the fact that "I didn't think he'd reach 43 this year," (during the unveiling) - which made him smile but also seemed to fire him up to a level we've not seen for some time.

Throughout the team yesterday there was a determination and passion which has been missing for a long time, and we the fans can only hope that a corner has been turned. Magic Mk 11 is suddenly reminding us of the free flowing team that he brought the first time around. Can we dare to dream that he can continue, bearing in mind that we are playing at a higher level?

Quote Originally Posted by Doontheroad View Post
    Yeah loads a bit surprised you haven't seen any yet
    Where are they then?

Get today's D and G Standard - plenty statue unveiling photos in it and I am sure you can buy it in Irvine but if not
    get your Doonhamer cousins to get one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Where are they then?
    Have a look on the various Queens Facebook sites

Quote Originally Posted by Doontheroad View Post
    Have a look on the various Queens Facebook sites
    He’s actually banned from a few. I wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    That doesn't surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    I'm not banned on them...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)