+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The problems get worse

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Why cant Bennett play alongside travis in the middle?
    Bennett is painfully exposed at right back but In central midfield he can still put a battling performance in and probably be more vocal from that role too.
    I'm glad you said it. As I'm normally wrong if I say that

Now Williams injured.
    We are hopeful that lenihan has fully recovered because if he suffers a recurrence of his injury,we are well and truly up **** creek without a paddle.

Some doubt about Nyambe too!
    Might have to be Bennett and Bell at full-back, but Rankin-Costello and Downing are other possibles.
    Let's hope we score a lot!
    Weird about Williams. It looked very minor when he came off

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Some doubt about Nyambe too!
    Might have to be Bennett and Bell at full-back, but Rankin-Costello and Downing are other possibles.
    Let's hope we score a lot!
    Weird about Williams. It looked very minor when he came off
    Does anyone rate Williams this season? I think he has been well and truly found at at Centre half, he gets bullied way too easily. I'm unsure he is any better at FB than Bell.
    The key one is Lenihan. Him and Tosin need to be the centre halves.
    We have played with the god awful Bennett every game this season, so not sure things could be any worse. #
    I cant see him playing Rankin Costello, he's decent and would probably be like Travis and add to us. But Benno is captain so we are screwed. Hopefully he gets a booking and a ban follows, that or injury are the only ways we will improve and get him out of the side.
    And we simply don't create many chances and have a pretty blunt attack, we play the wrong system. He wont change it though, so I doubt anything will change. Meaning its very very very unlikely we will score lots of goals which is what we will need to do. We will isolate Gallagher, play a winger which nobody will be capable of getting in the game, and Dack will be quite easily marked out of it all, and will end up falling so deep, he couldn't hurt them at all. Hopefully Holtby has a good day, as that could be the difference.
    But we wont change a thing from the system that's not been working this season, so it will be a case of the same old things. Its about how poor or not Barnsley will be.
    I've now forgotten the last time we played well and won a game. I just hope this is when we start to turn it round?
    There just isn't a positive vibe around our football club this season. Hopefully TM doesn't start talking them up and saying how good they are like he did with Luton and give them the belief they can come here and get 3 points.
    You'd expect us to be very well drilled tomorrow, with a real bite in our play having had 2 weeks to re-group and address the numerous issues popping up every week.
    Then I see the lads have been off out in places like Dubai. Not working hard on correcting the poor performances that have put us a few places above the bottom 3.

Champs - I think you have a short memory. On September 21st, we beat Reading away, and played very well. Up to that point, we'd also kept four clean sheets. In all five of those games, Bennett, Lenihan and Williams were part of the defence.
    Since then, I agree, it's largely gone pear-shaped (although we did well against Forest and Wednesday, with decent halves against Huddersfield and Preston).
    No-one is happy with the current situation, but you can't completely re-write recent history to suit your narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - I think you have a short memory. On September 21st, we beat Reading away, and played very well. Up to that point, we'd also kept four clean sheets. In all five of those games, Bennett, Lenihan and Williams were part of the defence.
    Since then, I agree, it's largely gone pear-shaped (although we did well against Forest and Wednesday, with decent halves against Huddersfield and Preston).
    No-one is happy with the current situation, but you can't completely re-write recent history to suit your narrative.
    2 months in football Aucks is like a 3rd of the season. Are you joking? That's alot of football between then and now. I get your mentioning 4 clean sheets, but come in, this was a long time ago now. How many clean sheets since then? And we've played more than 4 games in between. It's ok playing well for 20 mins here & there but football is 90 mins. Your forgetting about the other 70 mins where Bennett gives a penalty away, or the keeper throws one. Or we just play really poorly. Your not mentioning those. They happened aswell.

Under 23 reports say we are having the exact same problems at that level. A woeful performance last night. Lots of great talent, but we lost 3-0 to bottom of the league Man City. The manager was very angry and said some are going backwards. Lads like Chapman e.g.
    I've been hearing this a while now, there's a bit of a dark cloud over the club, at more than one side. Players simply aren't performing.

In the first team, there are several who need to perform today for their manager. I'm looking at people like Dack (when did he last score?) Armstrong, Gallagher etc. They need to perform today vrs a very poor side. But we need to set up right. We surely need to attack this lot. And look to score a few goals and get a resounding win. We haven't had one this season. Surley Dack needs to play higher. Surley the tempo needs to be faster. No 2....3
    .... 4.... 5 and 6 touches from Downing before the ball is moved on. Fast paced and really get at them. A left back isn't the important role today. And should have no real bearing on the game regardless of who plays. No excuses today. It's a game we need to win. A draw is no good at all

I've seen enough now.
    I still see a promising set of players but I don't see any plan or cohesion.
    Tony must go now.

A month of interviewing the likes of Warnock and Keith Hill would be soul destroying. Preferably I would stick with what we have got and give him some money in the transfer window. We have been very badly hit with injuries and soft penalties and things can change very quickly. If we can field the same team for a few matches then I am confident things will improve.

If only he would play the same team! He hardly ever does when it's possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)