+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hecky laughs off return to Oakwell

Hecky laughs off return to Oakwell

Paul Heckingbottom has laughed off speculation linking him with a return to former club Barnsley.

Heckingbottom remains a popular figure at his hometown club, He spent two years at Oakwell as a player before guiding them to promotion from League One as a manager as well as winning the Football League Trophy at Wembley.

An unsuccessful spell with Leeds United followed before he made the move to Easter Road last February.

His name had been touted when the Tykes sacked previous manager Daniel Stendel earlier this month.

But while the Hibs boss will always retain an affection for “his team” and hopes they appoint someone who can lead them to success, he confirmed that won’t be him.

"I'd put it somewhere else," he smiled when asked if he'd be worth putting a pound on for the gig.

"I'm biased aren't I? That's my team so I want the best possible man to go and do the best possible job there.

"But it won't be me."

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Paul Heckingbottom has laughed off speculation linking him with a return to former club Barnsley.

Heckingbottom remains a popular figure at his hometown club, He spent two years at Oakwell as a player before guiding them to promotion from League One as a manager as well as winning the Football League Trophy at Wembley.

An unsuccessful spell with Leeds United followed before he made the move to Easter Road last February.

His name had been touted when the Tykes sacked previous manager Daniel Stendel earlier this month.

But while the Hibs boss will always retain an affection for “his team” and hopes they appoint someone who can lead them to success, he confirmed that won’t be him.

"I'd put it somewhere else," he smiled when asked if he'd be worth putting a pound on for the gig.

"I'm biased aren't I? That's my team so I want the best possible man to go and do the best possible job there.

"But it won't be me."
    More laughable is that some lazy hack would actually link him with a return here .

There is more and more "non-news" abart nardays to fill the columns/ airtime slots by journalists.

"Barnsley will not be bidding for De Bruyne in January".

"Dog Lee will not be donating his own money to re-build West Stand"

"Barnsley FC will be thanking Daniel Stendel"
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-10-2019 at 08:31 AM.