Morning Guys

Its been a while since I have posted on here, however, there is a wide community of people who could help/give advise etc (its happened before anyway)

I may look to retrain, in a different role/industry to what I am in, and would like some extra advice. It would go down as a modern apprenticeship, I guess, but with me coming up to 40 this year, having not worked in Oil/Gas Industry (not that I would need to be looking at that field alone), i'm just needing to know if people/companies would take me on.

I dont have a HNC/HND in Engineering, of any kind, but do have highers etc and a couple of years of Uni, which gave me a HNC/Credit of some kind.

Apart from a large drop in money to start off with, has anyone else gone down this route? Two ex-folk at my work did it and haven't regretted it (although they say they did get lucky to be picked which has made me think if it is just that - Luck to be picked)

How would I properly go about looking into this further. Any kind advice would be wonderful. Thanks