+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McKenna, Cosgrove & Ferguson

We missed the boat when Aston Villa allegedly offered £6m for McKenna.
    Can't see us getting near that any time soon, unless he gets back to the form of 12 months ago or whenever it was.
    Think he'll be here until the summer then sold

Ferguson - personally I think he's a bit over-rated....what is he...he's not a defensive midfielder, he's not particularly attacking?
    an old fashioned "no8" in old football talk?

Cosgrove has undoubtedly proved to be more valuable than we ever thought when he first got played.
    Seems ideal for English football.

We have a new stadium to pay for when we become Westhill Wanderers so don't expect many or any of the 3 of them to be around in 18 months time.

I find it strange people don’t see what Ferguson brings us, but yet again, many didn’t see the qualities of other players that were with us until they left.

For me Ferguson has been extremely important to our midfield and had to deal with an ever changing midfield around him, whilst remember, has just turned 20.

I’m sure he would have benefitted with a more stable midfield around him, yet he’s still been hugely influential for us, topping the assist for the team alongside McGinn.

It’ll be a huge loss not having him play tomorrow.

This isn't surprising. Desperate for the £££ for this white elephant shed. I was told this week that the stadium will not be built. The money is just not there. Selling the players is desperate stuff. The 3 mentioned will still leave the board 50m short. The product on the park is going to get worse when every pound is shoehorned to Westhill.

Something fishy going on here, the club seem desperate to flog them.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    This isn't surprising. Desperate for the £££ for this white elephant shed. I was told this week that the stadium will not be built. The money is just not there. Selling the players is desperate stuff. The 3 mentioned will still leave the board 50m short. The product on the park is going to get worse when every pound is shoehorned to Westhill.
    I have also heard something along that lines.

The club are struggling to come up with the money for the stadium.

Milne is lucky he hasn’t had to dip his hand into his pocket for the training ground,no chance he is going to manage to get other people to pay for the stadium and zero chance he is going to pay for it himself.

That suits me fine,have the training ground and stay at Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It’s just a cover to take the heat off the terrible performances of late. Talk about the players who may have value and hope the said players up their game whilst the manager can hide in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Yep, that's how I saw it. A fire sale to get rid of the few half decent players left in the squad.
    Those two c&!%s are trying to bring the club down from the inside.

McKenna is just above average as a footballer
    He believes the storys about himeself being worth millions
    Ambition to play for a bigger club is understandable but right now he is nowhere near that stage
    I though he was going to be a really decent player actually now his preformaces are average to say the least
    Disappointed that there was no really firm cash bids I think there was some noises and speculative talk but nothing came to fruition and he got sucked in
    Lucky to get 2 million for him now, if that
    Only thing McKenna can do now is pull some really big preformanes out on a consistent basis and renew any serious interest
    Otherwise he goes for a small fee or we are stuck with him

I always find it interesting how many people on here don’t rate McKenna or Devlin yet constantly blow smoke up Considines erse.

Steve Clarke,a man who has been labelled as a more competent manager than McInnes seems to think Devlin and McKenna are better than Considine considering he has called them up to the national team but has never called up good old Consi.

Does that mean I agree with Clarke and the majority of you agree with McInnes?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I have also heard something along that lines.

The club are struggling to come up with the money for the stadium.

Milne is lucky he hasn’t had to dip his hand into his pocket for the training ground,no chance he is going to manage to get other people to pay for the stadium and zero chance he is going to pay for it himself.

That suits me fine,have the training ground and stay at Pittodrie.

Please let that be true.
    The quicker they announce that we are staying at Pittodrie the better.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast