+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: McKenna, Cosgrove & Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Me BORING !!!!!!! and here was me thinking you were my pal, how will i ever get over it.

And just for the record in case anyone missed it, the donkey has possibly been our most consistent outfield player this season (him or considine ffs)
    And if we, as a club are relying on that level of "quality" (nae laughing at the back) then we have a fkn problem

simmy, can we be pals again, please please please
    Cosgrove is currently our best player....I would personally get him dope tested as the farmer’s are putting some dodgy chemicals into their fields which results in a super carrot being produced.
    Can you stop saying Considine has been consistent...he tops the at fault thread due to his inability. Unless you mean consistently brutal
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 24-10-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Cosgrove is currently our best player....I would personally get him dope tested as the farmer’s are putting some dodgy chemicals into their fields which results in a super carrot being produced.
    Can you stop saying Considine has been consistent...he tops the at fault thread due to his inability. Unless you mean consistently brutal
    Cmon now pal, the traffic cone is top of a totally pointless thread, but by enlarge his performances this season have been a lot better than the majority of the squad, that coupled together with the donkey being the best player sums up the clubs on-field issues right there. Off the field get rid of McWinless and we just might start to see a difference on the field of play.

Anyway back on topic
    What was I speaking about again

Cmon now pal, the traffic cone is top of a totally pointless thread, but by enlarge his performances this season have been a lot better than the majority of the squad, that coupled together with the donkey being the best player sums up the clubs on-field issues right there. Off the field get rid of McWinless and we just might start to see a difference on the field of play.

Anyway back on topic
    What was I speaking about again
    I think we can disagree on Considine....I hope it doesn’t effect your good judgment on who should start the match threads during your absence though? No point having too many yes men around you pal
    Good to see Ferguson not being able to play against Celtic as I reckon our left back turned midfielder will have more ability and a better temperament to deal with the threat of Scott Brown.
    If I was to pick a player to man mark him, I would pick Considine as that would keep him out our own box

I think we can disagree on Considine....I hope it doesn’t effect your good judgment on who should start the match threads during your absence though? No point having too many yes men around you pal
    Good to see Ferguson not being able to play against Celtic as I reckon our left back turned midfielder will have more ability and a better temperament to deal with the threat of Scott Brown.
    If I was to pick a player to man mark him, I would pick Considine as that would keep him out our own box
    Yip I think we can park our Considine "discussion"
    I can assure you pal it will have no effect on my judgement of who is and who isn't in the riff raff category when it comes to passing the baton for the match threads in my absence.

I agree on the Ferguson comment as it does appear from the highlights I have seen and comments read that Leigh and Vyner pretty much bossed midfield last week, although to do that against timothy will be a different challenge from that of Motherwell, but here's hoping they put in another decent shift.
    Again I wont be tuning in as I am personally still well in the canna be @rsed with it all mode and nae sure when that will change, time will tell i suppose but I cant help thinking that last week was just a case of papering over the cracks

Yip I think we can park our Considine "discussion"
    I can assure you pal it will have no effect on my judgement of who is and who isn't in the riff raff category when it comes to passing the baton for the match threads in my absence.

I agree on the Ferguson comment as it does appear from the highlights I have seen and comments read that Leigh and Vyner pretty much bossed midfield last week, although to do that against timothy will be a different challenge from that of Motherwell, but here's hoping they put in another decent shift.
    Again I wont be tuning in as I am personally still well in the canna be @rsed with it all mode and nae sure when that will change, time will tell i suppose but I cant help thinking that last week was just a case of papering over the cracks
    It’s not that I don’t like or rate Ferguson....I just think he isn’t as good as others think. Leigh played much better during one match than Ferguson has all season.
    I will be watching the match on Sunday....I knocked back a friend’s season ticket....you currently couldn’t pay me to go and watch us play Celtic at Pittodrie. I wonder if The Anchor Man will try and be more positive?

It’s not that I don’t like or rate Ferguson....I just think he isn’t as good as others think. Leigh played much better during one match than Ferguson has all season.
    I will be watching the match on Sunday....I knocked back a friend’s season ticket....you currently couldn’t pay me to go and watch us play Celtic at Pittodrie. I wonder if The Anchor Man will try and be more positive?
    Spot on lad. Ferguson is good, but I feel he's a bit overhyped as well - sure he's popped up with some big goals in big games, but he rarely controls a game, or has a huge amount of influence on the general running of a match. Like you said, Leigh played much better last Saturday than Ferguson (or any of our other midfielders) have all season.

I hope McInnes just sticks with Leigh and Vyner in midfield against Celtic - they're big, athletic, can tackle and seem to be able to use the ball - my fear is we'll revert to Campbell (good player but inexperienced) and Bryson (experienced but unfit and possibly past it) and we'll get overrun. BBC gossip suggesting Bryson could start. If so, I hope it's in the more advanced midfield role where he can sit on Brown the whole game. Personally I'd rather we went the same as against Motherwell - possibly drop Wilson for McLennan / Hedges or someone with more of an engine out wide. I think Wilson could be a great player but he's not suited to playing wide and having to spend most of the game defending.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Spot on lad. Ferguson is good, but I feel he's a bit overhyped as well - sure he's popped up with some big goals in big games, but he rarely controls a game, or has a huge amount of influence on the general running of a match. Like you said, Leigh played much better last Saturday than Ferguson (or any of our other midfielders) have all season.

I hope McInnes just sticks with Leigh and Vyner in midfield against Celtic - they're big, athletic, can tackle and seem to be able to use the ball - my fear is we'll revert to Campbell (good player but inexperienced) and Bryson (experienced but unfit and possibly past it) and we'll get overrun. BBC gossip suggesting Bryson could start. If so, I hope it's in the more advanced midfield role where he can sit on Brown the whole game. Personally I'd rather we went the same as against Motherwell - possibly drop Wilson for McLennan / Hedges or someone with more of an engine out wide. I think Wilson could be a great player but he's not suited to playing wide and having to spend most of the game defending.
    I think whatever team McInnes picks he will make it hard for us to take anything from Celtic (never mind winning) thanks to his lack of tactical nous and his negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Wilson’s attitude is terrible,didn’t look interested at all last Saturday which was what he was like for most of last season.

It can’t be because he is being played out of position as McInnes said he doesn’t see him as a striker,if he doesn’t want to play out wide he shouldn’t have signed.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Wilson’s attitude is terrible,didn’t look interested at all last Saturday which was what he was like for most of last season.

It can’t be because he is being played out of position as McInnes said he doesn’t see him as a striker,if he doesn’t want to play out wide he shouldn’t have signed.
    Never a truer word.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Yeah, I noticed he wasn't bursting a gut to get forward when we were on the counter attack a few times. I wondered if he just doesn't have the engine to play the position McInnes plays him in, or if picked up an injury. Whole thing is a mystery to me - 1) why McInnes wanted to sign him knowing he would never play him in his best position and knowing that he is not a winger but that that's where he'd be played, and knowing that he hardly used him last season when he was on loan. 2) why Wilson chose to sign for us when it seems he had other offers down south, given that he was here last season, hardly got a game and when he did was played in a position he clearly doesn't enjoy.

I still do genuinely believe he's a class player and that played alongside Cosgrove up top he would do well. But it'll never happen, so he's a wasted talent. Partly due to him for signing when he knew this was the case (although maybe he thought he could dislodge Cosgrove) and partly due to McInnes for signing him and not using him correctly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234