+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McKenna, Cosgrove & Ferguson

McKenna, Cosgrove & Ferguson

BBC gossip column reporting that McInnes says he’s expecting January bids for McKenna, Ferguson and Cosgrove.

Question... what kind of money should we be looking for each of them?

McKenna - id be amazed if anyone offered more than £3-4m at the moment.

Cosgrove - top scorer but a lot are penalties. General play is improving but struggle to see him making an impact at any level above SPL at moment - £2m?

Ferguson - lot of experience for player so young but for me he’s been poor this season - not actually convinced he’s ready to go on and play in Championship or EPL any time soon but teams may pay for his potential - £1.5m?

I can't see anyone coming in for any of our team just now to be honest , certainly not for that sort of money .

Is that them being touted around?

Never mind, an empty stadium in Westhill will be worth it.

I wouldn’t concern myself with transfer fees, while we’ve got a brand spanking new 20 year old stadium to build

Touting the players as they realise the stadium is needing paid for and quite a substantial amount of it.

Lucky to get 10m for the three

McKenna about 3, Ferguson about 1, Cosgrove sub 1.

As others have said it's time to look down the back of the armchairs and sofa to find some shrapnel. Wonder why they're so desperate for money all of a sudden.

McKenna best defender. Cosgrove only guy that scores and Ferguson is the best midfielder. Given how crap we've been this season imagine us missing those 3. FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    McKenna best defender. Cosgrove only guy that scores and Ferguson is the best midfielder. Given how crap we've been this season imagine us missing those 3. FFS
    I'm at the stage where I'd be happy to see us just cash in, use the money to punt the manager and give some of it as budget to a new manager to start completely rebuilding the team.

McKenna has regressed somewhat and as we're on a downward spiral we'd be better taking £3-4m for him than letting the price drop any further. Cosgrove is the only guy who ever plays up front - maybe if he goes for £1-1.5m we could give Wilson a proper run and might find he can score when he gets decent time on the pitch. Ferguson for me is a disappointment - I think he's missing a quality, experienced player alongside him to be fair, but I don't think he does a huge amount to influence games and I think we could probably find another hard working midfielder in a similar mould to replace him fairly easily if someone offered us decent money.

McInnes will replace them with dross that's my only concern.

If we sell those 3 the money won’t be going towards replacing them.

It’s all going towards the new stadium.

Selling players is all about timing - & the timing for AFC is terrible right now going into January given the utter dross we’ve been playing.

Luckily, for once we’ve actually got all our most saleable assets under long term contracts (I include Lewis in that) so we’re under no real pressure to sell based on contract durations.

I doubt any will go in January. Our current form & their current form (Cosgrove aside) won’t facilitate the level of bids we should be looking for.

That said, if that Alford gimp is getting desperate about his new mega dome anything could happen.

One thing is certain, any money coming in winna be going anywhere near buying decent replacements...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast