+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In the event of Steven Pressley's tenure not running its course to 30/6/2020 ....

In the event of Steven Pressley's tenure not running its course to 30/6/2020 ....

.... who should be appointed, either on an interim or permanent basis?

I believe that it is extremely unlikely that Steven Pressley's tenure will be curtailed.

But if it happened then I should be appointed as permanent manager. The Holdings board, ever since Knighton's time, has a well known record of appointing dicks.

I’d endorse that, just as long as you dressed as a smurf full-time.

Who dat?

It is Ian Atkins. He will be 63 on 16th January. He is currently not employed since he was part of the Aston Villa cost-cutting exercise last autumn.

So, it would be one more of the type of challenge that he relishes, see the club through to a change of ownership at the financial year end. But it's too easy for him at the moment. We need it to be the end of January, having lost our best players and bottom of the league by 4 points.

Why is Matt Jansen not much mentioned at times such as this?

Ian Atkins was the Cambridge manager as to what seems like a lifetime ago. He didn't last long, spent a lot of money on duds.

A change of manager might give them a kick up the backside,saying that the players are such a mis-match and therefore a waste of time and its clutching at straws to think otherwise.No its up to the players themselves and i dont think any of them are good enough,put it this way,there wont be a mad rush for any of them in January says it all.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)