+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T England v Australia World Cup Quarter Final

O/T England v Australia World Cup Quarter Final

So who's up early in the morning for this little tasty encounter then ? .

Me

Teks mi back to 2002 world cup. Shyte kick off times, hard to get 'up for it'

Al be watching though

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Teks mi back to 2002 world cup. Shyte kick off times, hard to get 'up for it'
    Rose n Crown in Darton 6.30am v Brazil on mi second pint !!!

Feckin hell that was a mad event .

England lead but it's not convincing I have to say .

Next try ***** I feel and whoever gets it may win the game .

Excellent stuff from England after conceding the early try in the second half .

Gradually wore Australia down I thought .

We look a good side but whether we are good enough to beat the All Blacks should they take care of the Irish I honestly couldn't say .

Good solid performance by the lads. Credit to Australia though, they came to play attacking rugby and it was a really enjoyable game. Big moment for me was on the hour mark where the Aussies had us desperately defending our try line, there was only 9 points in it at that point and should the Aussies have gone over it becomes a different game. England saw the danger out with some resolute defending and you saw how much it meant to them. Brilliant stuff.

On to the semis next setdy and another early morning start.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Good solid performance by the lads. Credit to Australia though, they came to play attacking rugby and it was a really enjoyable game. Big moment for me was on the hour mark where the Aussies had us desperately defending our try line, there was only 9 points in it at that point and should the Aussies have gone over it becomes a different game. England saw the danger out with some resolute defending and you saw how much it meant to them. Brilliant stuff.

On to the semis next setdy and another early morning start.
    Yes it was a key moment that Pass and probably decided the game as you say .

Fair play to Australia they played some very good expansive rugby although it's very rare you see that style win World Cups these days , the nuts n bolts is where it's won and England certainly have those components .

Great result with some stout defending.

One worry though - we give far too many penalties away and need to address that before the all blacks game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast