+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Oxford United Post Match Thoughts

Crooks is either brilliant or awful with no middle ground, today was the latter.

Thought Wiles was okay but we’ll below his best and failing to beat the first man at a corner is criminal!

Barlaser is my biggest gripe! Poor game, poor passing, poor decision making, non existent tackling and crime of the match with the scores level choosing not to shoot when the perfect shooting opportunity was on, losing possession and 15 seconds later we were 2-1 down!

It s true we are laboured in what we do. Everything is so predictable and telegraphed. Oh for a bit of sublime skill to unlike a defence.

Disappointed in Hastie and he,s gone off the boil
    Hasn,t been able to beat the full back for a few games now.
    I,d give Oggy or lamy a run in the team in the next few games

To be fair to Hastie he was double manned a lot of the the time, so Oxford will have seen him as our main threat.

Was a bit disappointed with Oggy when he came on, again poor decision making and the decisions he made weren’t executed very well.
    Saying that I’m sure he’ll come good given time.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Crooks is either brilliant or awful with no middle ground, today was the latter.

Thought Wiles was okay but we’ll below his best and failing to beat the first man at a corner is criminal!

Barlaser is my biggest gripe! Poor game, poor passing, poor decision making, non existent tackling and crime of the match with the scores level choosing not to shoot when the perfect shooting opportunity was on, losing possession and 15 seconds later we were 2-1 down!
    From what I've seen of Barlasar, the word 'lazy' springs to mind. Undoubted talent, little bit of craft and skill, but not a grafter. Although the commentator did say he's looks to be working harder now than the last time he saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think in Warne’s World the word shot is a banned four letter word
    We've been shot-shy since before Warne was manager though, a long running saga, everyone seems scared to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    To be fair to Hastie he was double manned a lot of the the time, so Oxford will have seen him as our main threat.

Was a bit disappointed with Oggy when he came on, again poor decision making and the decisions he made weren’t executed very well.
    Saying that I’m sure he’ll come good given time.
    Not all the time though and when he is one on one he still doesn,t get past his man. This has happened for 4/5 games now

Now 11th
    Why Warney insists Barlaser starts is beyond me
    We seem to be going backwards when it comes to passing the ball, what we doing?
    Officials were just ****e

MOTM ihiekwe but fans deserved it for Charlie
    Last edited by millertop; 20-10-2019 at 08:27 AM.

I don't think Oxford were any more committed or fitter than us. In fact, I think we played some decent football at times.They were just better on the day.

No complaints with result, best team on the day got the three points but you have to ask the question why we were so lacklustre...
    I can understand why Warne went with same team (apart from Mattock) but we are so light in attacking options by the way we set up. Warne always wants one of the central midfielders to sit in front of back four leaving us light in numbers and we get over run I.e. Barlaser played that position when he went off he put Wiles there. Wiles was not having the best game but I thought that was the right substitution but by putting Wiles in there and asking him to play same role / position as Barlaser didn't drive us forward and at 2-1 down it didn't change anything. Wiles normally helps to drive us further up the pitch but playing the sitting role shackled us same as when Barlaser was in there.

At home I would love to see a proper 442 or 4411 instead of what in my opinion what we are currently playing 41311.
    I suppose the long and short of what I am saying is be braver Mr Warne as I believe we have the players with the right qualities, you just have to pick them in their right preferred position and back them to do there jobs.
    Last edited by kevthemaltbymiller; 20-10-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast