+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Oxford United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well I seem to remember you putting in a good unbeaten run the last time you were in league one when Kieffer was scoring for fun after a shaky start .

Looks to me other than Ipswich the league is far more equal than it was last season when Luton , ourselves , Pompey , Charlton and Sunderland were significantly better than the rest .

You have the added advantage that both Pompey and Sunderland aren't at the level they were last season .

Keeping there or there abouts and some smart January additions and it could very well be on in my opinion .
    or maybe the league is tougher than this season and Sunderland and portsmouth have been found out

1 loss in 3 league games is promotion form.

every team loses a game

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post

every team loses a game
    Its the way we lost though through lack of trying and poor from many that counts though. You don't mind losing if you've put the effort in, we simply didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post

every team loses a game
    But overall we are mid table and we’re looking like a mid table team, and we’ve lost 4 out of 12

I managed to watch the most part of the match.

We missed a mister in there that can control a period of a game when we need to take the sting out of a game. Oxford were a good side in every part of the pitch. A good result for us would have been a draw.

Great goal from icky. Probably one of the best goals from a defender at NYS.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but that referee and his officials shouldn't be allowed back on a football pitch at any professional level again. Absolutely shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    But overall we are mid table and we’re looking like a mid table team, and we’ve lost 4 out of 12
    Couldnt agree more Grist, I keep expecting us to click anytime soon, but other than the Coventry game, and they gifted us every goal, it hasn't looked likely.
    Barlaser definitely has talent, but as someone has already said, he looks lazy and brings nothing to the team as yet.
    Our decision making with the ball is either woeful, or slow in the making because Oxford didn't f**k about when there was a pass on they just gave the obvious pass to the person in space and for them there always appeared to be options on the ball.
    OK I didn't think we were awful, but once their 2nd goal went in we never really looked like scoring. Big smithy was well shackled yesterday and we need more options (ladapo and vassell) for either starting or from the bench.
    Still relatively early days but 4 defeats from 12 games is only mid table form at best and we must and can do better. I think young wiles has to be in central midfield because yesterday we played him mainly on the wing whilst having 2 wingers on the bench so surely both wingers could have at least played one half each even if they aren't fully fit. However it's now gone so we move on to Ipswich. UTM

Chucking on 2 inexperienced wingers was tactical suicide. Warne and co are increasingly exposing themselves as lacking the capability of changing a game that is running away from us but the basic truth is this squad is just not good enough. Worrying times ahead i fear.

As frog said and many others too. We need a mister, someone to put his foot on it and pick a pass, I thought we had one in Potter when he got fit but Warne chose to go with his"mate" Mcdonald, for me he isn't it. This has to be priority in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Chucking on 2 inexperienced wingers was tactical suicide. Warne and co are increasingly exposing themselves as lacking the capability of changing a game that is running away from us but the basic truth is this squad is just not good enough. Worrying times ahead i fear.
    But we did chuck on 2 inexperienced wingers anyway, and they ended up being on at the same time. Ben Wiles is in my eyes our best central midfielder and yet he played him out wide which for me is criminal, and as you called Ogbene inexperienced, he is 22 years old and in total he has played more games than Wiles but yes he was just coming back fom injury so hence my thought that both him and Lamy could have at least played one half each.
    I do agree with you that we don't seem to be able to change a game that is running away from us but starting our best players in their natural position, like Wiles, would be a start. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    As frog said and many others too. We need a mister, someone to put his foot on it and pick a pass, I thought we had one in Potter when he got fit but Warne chose to go with his"mate" Mcdonald, for me he isn't it. This has to be priority in January.
    I thinks it's been evident for some time that we don't have the midfield general we need in the current squad and we've certainly not replaced Lee Frecklington.
    McDonald looks like Paul Green mk 2 to me. Runs round a lot but with minimum effect and little end product.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast