+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My take on yesterday: Charlie's Day

My take on yesterday: Charlie's Day

Paul, a very touching write up. I personally did not know Charlie or her family but as the 16th minute approached I found myself clock watching. Cue the Oxford fans first then ourselves all rose as one.

I am a Father of two adults but, I reflected on to how the Hunter family were dealing with such a heartbreaking tragic loss. I am a grown man but I am also not ashamed to say that I shed tears for a young girl who lost her life so tragically young. Wiping my eyes I tried to focus on the game but, I found myself thinking of Charlie and her family for what seemed an age.

God bless you all

Yes the Oxford fans started about a minute early and weren,t going to wait around or be invited to start their respects
    Credit and respect to them. Well done to all

Well said Brin. Sat at home listening on the wireless, on the 16th minute the applause was loud and clear. I stopped what I was doing and took time to reflect and also not ashamed to admit I shed a tear for someone who I didn't know. Such a tragedy and really not fair.

Enough to bring a tear to this cynical old knob head.

Emotional day yesterday you never get over losing a child ever. I shed a tear.
    Yesterday demonstrated what is good about football fans both sets respecting and joining in with each other’s minutes applause.

Hope the family can find strength over the coming weeks.

Puts things into perspective, what's a loss of a game of football against a young life, or any life for that matter