+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFC Museum

AFC Museum

Is there plans to build a museum at the proposed Lego stadium being built in the 'shire, Estadio Milnero?

The reason I ponder, is because I was down at the Edinburgh City v Banks o' Dee match last night, and inside the Spartans function suite, where Edinburgh City are currently playing, there was a glass cabinet containing, amongst other stuff, Strachan's Gothenburg top, ECWC and Super Cup medals...

It's a shame we can't use previous success to create myths and eulogise our famous teams of the past like the gruesome twosome. A museum would allow us to store artifacts like these alongside housing other relics like Craig Brown... At least it would give him something do other than pressing his lips against the cup of love...

They could recreate Teddy Scott's boot room in the museum.

No wonder we could attract the best talent in Scotland when we had respected guardians like Teddy whilst the likes of Oldco, Celtic and Hibs, under the auspices and deceit of Souness & 'Walter', Stein, Blackley & Craig, were hiring and hiding from justice despicable reprobates...

Why are the authorities & media not asking questions of these people?

I think I've veered off topic..

I'm not a fan of clinging on to past successes and find the two stars thing embarassing. That being said I'd love a museum that would chronicle the history of Aberdeen FC from our beginnings in 1881 to the current day.

I'd prefer if it was located in the city centre though and have a club shop attached so it would get more footfall. Not many visitors/tourists would traipse all the way to Westhill just to see the museum.

Or to watch the football

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Is there plans to build a museum at the proposed Lego stadium being built in the 'shire, Estadio Milnero?

The reason I ponder, is because I was down at the Edinburgh City v Banks o' Dee match last night, and inside the Spartans function suite, where Edinburgh City are currently playing, there was a glass cabinet containing, amongst other stuff, Strachan's Gothenburg top, ECWC and Super Cup medals...

It's a shame we can't use previous success to create myths and eulogise our famous teams of the past like the gruesome twosome. A museum would allow us to store artifacts like these alongside housing other relics like Craig Brown... At least it would give him something do other than pressing his lips against the cup of love...
    That might have summat to do with the Spartans chairman having spent his formative years in the NE of Scotland.

Made sure Sevco started their existence in the bottom tier of the SPFL, so an all round good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Or to watch the football
    Even less chance of them doing that 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    That might have summat to do with the Spartans chairman having spent his formative years in the NE of Scotland.

Made sure Sevco started their existence in the bottom tier of the SPFL, so an all round good guy.
    If he'd help to make sure they didn't start again he'd get plaudits. Letting them start in the SPFL was unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

The reason I ponder, is because I was down at the Edinburgh City v Banks o' Dee match last night, and inside the Spartans function suite, ...
    Prawn sannies at Ainslie? How did you manage that?

Im heading there on Friday for Spartans v East Stirling. Is there a kid friendly social club?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Excuse my ignorance but i would have thought that exactly what he wouldnt have wanted as Spartans are always in the running for spaces in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Prawn sannies at Ainslie? How did you manage that?

Im heading there on Friday for Spartans v East Stirling. Is there a kid friendly social club?
    I was there today again for Spartans v Queens Park. Aye, there's a building inside the ground that overlooks the pitch where you can get a drink before the game and kids are welcome...

It's in the aforementioned building, through into the function room part where the Strachan cabinet resides...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast