+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yippee... HRK has signed a new contract

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Just want to say that Wales have not qualified for a World Cup since 1958 circa. But otherwise I agree HRK offers way more than Zohore but by no means our long term solution. We need to really make some smart transfers.
    We do Regis, and no HRK is not a long term solution. Getting top scoring strikers seems to be an impossible task for us, maybe others too.

Some fans have been against him since day one, probably because he came on a free from a lesser club than ours. I just looked up his stats: 28 starts, 63 sub appearances (lge only) and scored ten times. Many of those appearances would have been less than 10 minutes in length. He has probably assisted with other goals after harassing opposition defenders. I think he is well worth keeping.
    Zohore may yet come good, he has done well in this division in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Not a fan of HRK but just come back from Boro - he was lively, full of energy and a handful! HRK whilst not great - he’s far better than Zohore and he does give 100% to his credit
    That’s as I see it baggieal buddy. I hope the financial aspect of his new contract reflects this role.

I have noted, once again, that reference is made in regard to attending games and that if you don’t do so, your contribution to the board is unwelcome and/or worthless. However, those that make these claims are some of the most outspoken on political matters. It begs the question, is one entitled to make comments about political matters if they do not sit in the House of Commons and watch and hear the debates first hand.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    I have noted, once again, that reference is made in regard to attending games and that if you don’t do so, your contribution to the board is unwelcome and/or worthless. However, those that make these claims are some of the most outspoken on political matters. It begs the question, is one entitled to make comments about political matters if they do not sit in the House of Commons and watch and hear the debates first hand.

Just a thought.
    Great point BMD.

Just a thought.
    I totally agree. You don't have to attend on a regular basis to have valid opinions on Albion. Having said this, as a regular attendee, I will say that even if you watch a game live on TV it is not quite the same as being at the game. The camera obviously follows the ball and therefore you don't always see the work rate and runs made by players off the ball. However, this doesn't alter the fact that everybody's opinions are worth listening to and are equally as pertinent as those who attend regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Some fans have been against him since day one, probably because he came on a free from a lesser club than ours. I just looked up his stats: 28 starts, 63 sub appearances (lge only) and scored ten times. Many of those appearances would have been less than 10 minutes in length. He has probably assisted with other goals after harassing opposition defenders. I think he is well worth keeping.
    Zohore may yet come good, he has done well in this division in the past.
    So you agree assists are important when HRK make them but not Chris Brunt? Interesting.

I think he is good off the bench and brings something different to the team than our other forwards. I wouldn't start him in a game, he is more an impact player.
    Bilic is no mug but he seems to have a high regard for him.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    So you agree assists are important when HRK make them but not Chris Brunt? Interesting.

I think he is good off the bench and brings something different to the team than our other forwards. I wouldn't start him in a game, he is more an impact player.
    Bilic is no mug but he seems to have a high regard for him.
    I agree that we shouldn't start with HRK but he's certainly an asset coming off the bench as has been proved on many an occasion.

Just a thought.
    I do agree when attending a game you get a much better feel for the effort each player is making but would never go so far as to say anybody who does not attend a game should have a lesser opinion in a debate...

Your post above Baggiemadguern sums it up well.

Cannot believe one tap in and in the unlikely (fingers crossed though) event we go up he is on £30k-£50k in the prem stopping us signing someone decent.

There was no need to extend his deal now. Wait and see what happened at the end of the season. To commit to this donkey when there was no need yet is ludicrous.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)