+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Negatives and positives

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Negatives and positives

Ok so not the result we wanted but after the shambolic display against QPR anything was a improvement.
    Let's start with the positives:
    The link up play between dack and Holtby playing regularly together will worry most teams in this league.
    Great potential.
    Going forward we looked quite dangerous.
    sorry that's about it.
    Negatives:
    We still look nervous in defence
    Is tosin the answer?maybe
    Is nyambe the answer?um no
    To be honest I dont think Walton is that much better than raya.
    More commanding in the box but nervy when the ball is played to him,which by the way tosin did time and time again.
    On the whole a improvement but could it get any worse than the last show.

I thought we looked excellent going forward in the 1st half. Holtby & Dack looked really good. Dack took too much responsability on himself in the second and it just ended with it not happening. We played some very good football in the 25 min spell and looked a good side. Much better than them.
    I thought Bennett got destroyed first 15. But he clearly can't play LB and it's not his fault we have lost every LB to injury. The pen was a poor decision I felt. Both where pulling at eachother. But Bennett was painfully slow turning and got beat too easily. He did improve and got tighter in the winger desyroying him every time.
    After the pen, we where as good as I've seen us. A big positive moving forward. Armstrong was quiet today but didn't get much service. I would percievere with him, Dack & Holtby in that forward 3.
    This Walton is really starting to concern me. He was poor in that 2nd goal of theirs. Way too slow going down to save a poor shot going into the centre of the goal. Basic stuff.
    I did feel Tosin played well over-all and honestly, I think he is better & an improvement on Lenihan. He was weak aswell in the 2nd goal of theirs. Not sure the other player with him of ours, but it was too easy for that player turn and shoot. He doesn't hit aimless 40 yard balls to nobody like Lenihan, so we play more football. Which we have to now, if we play those 3 up front.
    Over all we played quite well, did some good things, a few had good games. Travis & Holtby where our best 2 players at the time they where both taken off, which I felt helped them get back into the game. 2nd half overall I didn't think we did enough, so no complaints about the result. I did think they where pretty poor, but we are maybe marginally better. 2 mid table sides.

Also, I thought Nyambe had a decent game. He was very good first half. He does make the odd mistake, but so does Bennett. He is a better attacking option, faster, his distribution is better. I see no reason at all why he shouldn't stay at RB.
    I also didn't think Rothwell did anything again.
    But what the game (from our perspective) was crying out for around the hour mark was Chapman to come on. That sort of spark, and he's very much inform. Rankin Costello got into the squad after playing the other night, I do feel it's time we brought Chapman in.

I never managed to find a way of seeing the game.
    When I went to bed, after watching the rugby, it was half-time, and we seemed to be right on top, so waking up to this result was a big disappointment.
    Mind you: Luton 3 - Bristol C. 0; Stoke 2 - Fulham 0; Charlton 3 - Derby 0; and Barnsley holding Swansea.
    This Division is weird and getting weirder!

I also missed the match.
    We stopped the rot!

I was perhaps a little harsh towards nyambe but he still worries me defensively.
    I would imagine Tony mowbray will play the same team on Tuesday,due to the injury numbers.

I've just watched some highlights. I hadn't realised that Holtby missed quite an easy chance between the two goals we did score.
    I was thinking we might play three at the back on Tuesday, but it sounds as if Nyambe did reasonably well as an actual full-back.
    Some of the stuff on the Telegraph site has moved into the realms of hysteria. You'd think we were pegged to the bottom!

I dont even read the comments anymore aucks,much the same as on Facebook.
    Tony mowbray probably isn't the man to take us up,however he hasn't got a magic wand.
    4 fit defenders in the squad
    Talk about requiring the rub of the green.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I've just watched some highlights. I hadn't realised that Holtby missed quite an easy chance between the two goals we did score.
    I was thinking we might play three at the back on Tuesday, but it sounds as if Nyambe did reasonably well as an actual full-back.
    Some of the stuff on the Telegraph site has moved into the realms of hysteria. You'd think we were pegged to the bottom!
    If that's all you noticed about Holtby then I give up. He was excellent and got mom. Be set one up, and scored the other. And was instrumental in everything good we did. In another month he won't miss that chance. He's onky just arrived. And clearly is by far our best player. In time we will improve, as will Dack, by having him around. A class act.

Nyambe I felt was mom. He was very good, and played better than Bennett had all season. No reason whatsoever for him to lose his place at RB now.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    If that's all you noticed about Holtby then I give up. He was excellent and got mom. Be set one up, and scored the other. And was instrumental in everything good we did. In another month he won't miss that chance. He's onky just arrived. And clearly is by far our best player. In time we will improve, as will Dack, by having him around. A class act.

Nyambe I felt was mom. He was very good, and played better than Bennett had all season. No reason whatsoever for him to lose his place at RB now.
    Sorry, Champs, you've misunderstood me. I wasn't being critical or snide. I just meant I hadn't heard about that particular incident, and when I saw it, I realised how easily we could have been 3-1 up at half-time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)