+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Negatives and positives

Weirdly.....going to Preston on Sat looking like we could get get turned over, is the sort of game I actually fancy us in more. Hopefully it's against those knobs on Sat

I'd agree with the last two posts

I do feel sorry for Aucks.
    These defeats ruin his day whereas we get pissed and go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    And 're Chapman. He's scoring more than one per game for the U23's and in great form. Fit, playing well, good attitude again. Like Rankin Costello. Ready to come in and play. Reckon he will drop Bennett to play Rankin Costello? I don't. Same with Downing for Chapman. No chance. Like he went with Smallwood over Travis last season. It took an injuries and a red card and suspension before we got to see one of our most crucial plsyers
    Champs, you're making the assumption they will transfer U-23 excellence to first-team football. Very often, it doesn't happen.
    You have to be a bit wary of this "Anything Mowbray doesn't do must be the right thing to do" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    I do feel sorry for Aucks.
    These defeats ruin his day whereas we get pissed and go to sleep.
    Seventwo - this is weird! I replied to you three hours ago, but the post has disappeared!
    Anyway, yes it can be a bugger, but I didn't actually watch until late morning because of a family birthday, and I wasn't expecting too much.
    Strangely, I didn't think it was quite as awful as Mowbray himself suggests on the BRFC site. Very flat, though, No-one had a real stinker, but no-one stood out either.
    Saxo has suggested 'time for a change' and there is definitely a groundswell in that direction now. The media will probably jump on the bandwagon soon and then it will become hard for the owners to resist.
    That's football. However, I am in the "Be careful what you wish for camp." It's not long since Hurst and Cook were being suggested as "saviours"!
    If we lose our next two games, I suspect the end will be near.

Champs - I think you've got me wrong on Holtby. You seem to believe I'm putting him down. Not at all. It's just that I'm reluctant to draw conclusions based on limited appearances.
    Johnson, for example, looked excellent in the first month of the season, but has been so-so since.
    One reason I am keen on Downing is his consistency. God knows that's a quality some of our players are desperately short of.

We just didn't look overly interested
    A better second half but the key word is consistency.
    We have not looked consistent all season and that's the difference between a very average team and the top 3.
    Teams have an off night in this league but it's how you deal with it.
    West brom ground out a draw tonight when they were dead and buried against Barnsley.
    If we went 2-0 down to a team,we wouldn't come back from it.
    We have not played well in a full match for quite a while and seeing the disjointed style of our play does worry me.
    The next 3 is tough but could be mowbray's last unless a miracle is performed.
    The players all say they love Tony mowbray,now it's time to play for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs, you're making the assumption they will transfer U-23 excellence to first-team football. Very often, it doesn't happen.
    You have to be a bit wary of this "Anything Mowbray doesn't do must be the right thing to do" argument.
    Travis, Lenihan, Raya all did well. Tosin seems ok. Did you watch last night? Experienced Danny Graham came on. And missed out one golden chance. And did nothing else. Could Jack Vale not come on and do nothing and miss the one big chance he gets? You never know until you play these lads. You never know, he may even have ticked the chance away? We'll never know.
    Did the 16 year old Birminghsm centre half stand out to you? 16 years old. The lad was outstanding. And had the striker we paid millions for in his pocket. Hes 16. He looked better than anything we had.
    I get it, we have chosen a direction. Experience. And it's really dour, really flat. Not getting us many points. But we have to kind of stick with it now.
    He will have to find a way of getting something over the next month's games, as if thet don't pull their finger out, they are getting dragged into a relegation battle. And like last night, looking at the fixtures I don't see 3 points any time soon. But knowing football, a surprise result will occur and that could be the spark we need.
    The one thing I do know, if you keep playing Danny Graham etc keep expecting the same results.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)