+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Negatives and positives

I keep telling myself not to respond to comments started with no evidence or justification.
    But
    At the start of tonights match Stewart Downing has created more chances than ANY other Championsip player.
    This place us becoming a mini brfcs/let site. Much more thought needed

I dont have a problem with downing at all
    A real class signing.
    There is a trend forming though,and that is Tony mowbray cannot be trusted with money.
    Look at the signings this season
    All pretty good bar the one we spent money on.
    If you look at all the signings,only dack and possibly Armstrong have been good signings made with cash.

I have been a supporter of tony mowbray but I am starting to feel things are just not working.
    We seem to be lacking a identity
    Are we a long ball team,a possession team or a passing team?
    Bad luck and bad decisions are starting to rule our season.
    Do we wait and see?or try something new?sat here watching the game at home,wondering if I should go to bed.
    A poor show,involving a second rate sam Allardyce tactics.
    Sam Gallagher wont win a aerial duel as long as I have a hole up my arse,so let's try keep it on the ground.

Lots if injuries playing a part.
    It's still a work in process with an eye on the future.
    As ever if Blackburn Rovers played football as badly as their supporters supported the team they would be playing down Pleasington

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    I keep telling myself not to respond to comments started with no evidence or justification.
    But
    At the start of tonights match Stewart Downing has created more chances than ANY other Championsip player.
    This place us becoming a mini brfcs/let site. Much more thought needed
    I heard that one tonight, like everyone else, that I was unaware of until tonight! You should have filled me in in that one much earlier, being aware of it?

I heard it tonight but spent an hour earlier today trying to find the stats online. He does a great job but "fans" don't see it.

A better second half by us but a disappointing result nonetheless.
    I can see us being turned over by Preston on Saturday.
    I hope Tony mowbray has a few rabbits in a hat,as time is running out for him.

I heard it tonight but spent an hour earlier today trying to find the stats online. He does a great job but "fans" don't see it.
    Did he do a great job tonight? Personally I think he would have a far greater impact not being used as much as he is. But in every way his over all distribution is much better than say Johnson. Who I think gives the ball away too easily at times. My opinion was simply I don't feel like we are improving with him playing every week. I could be wrong and the stats certainly go against what I'm saying.
    We did lose tonight and had one deflected shot on target in 90 mins, despite playing ok.
    It could be that we are creating loads of chances every game and we are just missing lots of chances? I didn't think that on Sat or tonight? And I watched both games. But stats will tell me something else?

But are we really creating chances?
    How can we when our midfielders often aren't midfielders but out of place forwards?
    Did we expect more tonight?
    It's not great but it is still moving in the right direction. The squad continues to improve, the players get better. But we do need to get our act together.
    I expect this season to be an improvement on last and to be involved in the play off positions next season. We aren't within a mile of a very poor premier league yet.

But are we really creating chances?
    How can we when our midfielders often aren't midfielders but out of place forwards?
    Did we expect more tonight?
    It's not great but it is still moving in the right direction. The squad continues to improve, the players get better. But we do need to get our act together.
    I expect this season to be an improvement on last and to be involved in the play off positions next season. We aren't within a mile of a very poor premier league yet.
    That's the main issue. We aren't creating many chances. I didn't expect much tonight. We are really hit with injuries, and we are disjointed because of it. I do feel we look a little flat at the moment over-all? But tonight, I didn't actually think we played too badly. But one shot means we are giving ourselves much of a chance.
    I think this will all take a bit of time to adjust to a new style of play, and players need to gel. Hopefully we have Holtby back on Sat.
    There is so little to choose between the top and bottom of this league. So moving forwards if we keep improving and find a style that suits us, that gets results then we could be aiming for the play offs next season. We are still establishing ourselves at this level again, and are in sort of limbo at this very point. Struggling a bit with form, and hit badly with injuries. We have lost 3 first team left backs in a month ffs! We'll pick up some points soon, and things will swing back our way for a while such is this level.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)