+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely f@cking embarrassing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Not very nice to be on the receiving end is it?
    Being mentioned in posts for no reason whatsoever? I really can't remember me doing this and it certainly doesn't happen on a regular basis. It's all here if you wan't to search for examples though.

Gunboat you created a topic to the mods about politics and stated that you will keep all your political comments and rants exclusively to the thread you were permitted to make and not derail any other threads......I’ve read 2 threads today regarding the pathetic state our team is in and in both you have been bumping your gums about politics.

Gonna can it?

If you read his post - he said it was at 0-0. There is ZERO excuse for that type of personal abuse (irrespective of the score). Suggestions that being affected by that type of abuse is some form of “weak mentality” is not acceptable either. And while such abuse may not affect someone’s desire to do their best, I would think it likely that it may affect their concentration. Why do people think that football is an opportunity to shout such personal abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Being mentioned in posts for no reason whatsoever? I really can't remember me doing this and it certainly doesn't happen on a regular basis. It's all here if you wan't to search for examples though.

One rule for them and one for others

To what ballumbie_arab, there was no silence, I was posting after the game, Neilson is the right man for the job for me, my opinion hasn't changed on that

What he needs to do is sort out the current away form and the last two performances are a disgrace at the same time maintain the 100% home record

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    If you read his post - he said it was at 0-0. There is ZERO excuse for that type of personal abuse (irrespective of the score). Suggestions that being affected by that type of abuse is some form of “weak mentality” is not acceptable either. And while such abuse may not affect someone’s desire to do their best, I would think it likely that it may affect their concentration. Why do people think that football is an opportunity to shout such personal abuse?

Spot on

Personal abuse of players unacceptable, but for whatever reasons it happens. Normally frustration at poor play and in this case very bad result. No matter how well you play in a defeated side, you will always be open to abuse from some. Greater players have taken before, but doesn't make the personal nature of it right.

However it seems like another poor performance, compounded by the manager's inability to see that we ain't got the quality to play players out of position. Also the slow trying to pass teams to death game, doesn't often work in this league, its only year 4 of learning this lesson! You wouldn't give a bairn this many times to learn a lesson!

I can accept defeat but it is the manner of it that frustrates more than anything and this is what RN must accept ultimate responsibility for and his assistant coaches. They should have the b*lls to pipe up if they see it going wrong, occasionally loyalty is telling someone, even those higher up, that they are wrong. AS sure as eggs are eggs if the 'head boy' gets punted they'll take temp charge and do what they thought should have been done!

We also need to learn to play on plastic, I am sure there are some at St Andrews and we have our own. So we cant use that as an excuse!

We have gone from the sublime to the ridiculous and even more ridiculous. Neilson get a grip and play the team in its winning formula and stop experimenting. You are playing with DUFC future and more importantly the fans' hard earned and loyalty!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeztheshed View Post
    Whoever said that ought to have the s hit kicked out of him. How dare he. He's just a young guy trying his best. Actually he's knocked his pan in for Dundee United and is, in terms of effort, quite the role model. Imagine that was your son out there, getting shouted at like that. People that turn up to slag off the team should sit in the opposition end. They are not supporters, the best thing they could do for united is phuck off and stop attending matches altogether.
    Hi folks,

Long time for me without posting (5 years?). But reading all the comments on this board makes me pretty ashamed to be a United supporter and thought I would put my tuppence worth in.

I've been going to Tanny since 1977 and I've heard it all in terms of abuse / language, and it's a mix of anger, frustration and lack of intelligence. Regardless of your view of what does / does not justify crossing the line, I think this example is a step too far.

You can call people out, write to the club, chat on here, but none of it does any good.

I suggest taking photo's of the people doing this and sending them to the club directly. This way they can identify the people involved and ban them for life. Possible??

Back to the original post. Looking back on yesterday how bad was that. That was as poor a performance we've had in the last 4 years. Reynolds and Brown are as poor a centre halfs we've had in recent memory. The defending at the first two goals was dismal and after some huffing and puffing in the first 20 minutes of the second half Queens then finish us off with a tidy 3rd. Slow and ponderous comes to mind. And surely Frans was a better player than Brown who Neilson got rid of, which left us short when Connolly got injured. The reason the panic signing of Brown which used up the remaining transfer budget. In midfield Stanton and Harkes who has went backwards since he arrived in January have no creativity with side ways and backward passing which then means our defence just punt it forwards to no cuunt.
    Shankland apart still can't believe we got him, this squad of players we have are mediocre at best with no leaders on the pitch with the possible exception of Connolly who does bawl it out vocally.
    It's just like they turn up and if they dinna fancy it they down tools. Yesterday was a decent day, phuck knows what they'll be like when it's a cauld wind with a wee bit of sleet.
    3 defeats in our last 5 and could easily have been 4 , getting out of jail against Arbroath. This is not a team that's going to win the league. Phuck knows how we are still top.

To Sande Man, Fair enough mate i will.Where is the 2nd thread i know this is one of them?.

To Terence,same as above however most of my posts last night were about our defence,sticking up for you and Shedka and our humiliation both on and off the park in Dumfries.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 20-10-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Yeah I know, and your opinions on United (and your support) is always welcome.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)