+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Absolutely f@cking embarrassing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    No way our squad is weaker since Asghar came in.
    Not since prior to his appontment, but the squad as a whole is now weaker than it was at the end of last season imho.

Troy and King are downgrades to Bouhenna, Sporle replacing Booth has given us no cover at left back and is a downgrade from what we have seen so far.

Shankland and Smith are obviously better than what we had last season but the squad as a hole including bench is now weaker. As we have shown recently, we cant cope with an injury to 1 of our starting 11

The game against Arbroath a few weeks ago was the warning sign - a clear message of the problems ahead.

There are no easy games in this league - every team can beat each another.

The league is still wide open.

But I feel really sorry for the United fans who made the long trip yesterday to the match - must have been an even longer trip home.

Another humiliating defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    One thing though, I've seen papering over cracks mentioned, and while I'm frustrated and peed off with the away results just now including the last two embarrassments as we should be clear in first, the fact is we are still first after the opening quarter, if we are first by a goal difference of two after 36 games I don't care if there are cracks the size of the grand canyon along the way to paper over
    Statistics paper over the cracks, but you have confirmed my suspicions that people who hide behind statistics are unwilling to see the cracks!

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    The game against Arbroath a few weeks ago was the warning sign - a clear message of the problems ahead.

But I feel really sorry for the United fans who made the long trip yesterday to the match - must have been an even longer trip home.

No easy games if you are as bad as the rest.

The attitude has got to be - we are better!

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post

Fish supper on the way home cheered me up a wee bit. After some of the away defeats I've witnessed away from home in the last few years , Falkirk 6-1 , Ross County 6-2 spring to mind, you start getting phucking used to it.
    We don't even have to go away from home 5-1 and 5-0 to Ross County and Ayr last season . Totally embarrassing.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)