+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I didn't want us in the playoffs this season anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    He did go for it. He didn't get it. He was blocked by a combo of Bonne and Malone so not altogether his fault. More to blame was Davies, and he said so himself, for losing Sarr leaving him a free header at the back stick.

FB eejits are blaming him for their 3rd as well, saying he was on the 6 yard line. He was 4 yards off his line narrowing the angle. Exactly where he should have been. Caught a lot of crosses yesterday and punched a couple. Looks like that has been worked on.

Keepers have the added difficulty that an error, all too often, leads to a goal...... far more visible than errors by outfield players.
    MA I'm not having a go at him because he saved us from a rout But come on he's 6ft 5mins it's his job to clear that ball that's his job When the opposition manager points out your goalkeepers weakness then we have a problem Because you can guarantee every other team will now play on him Starting with Wigan on Wednesday ,would I drop him no but only because we don't have anyone better

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA usual rumours doing the rounds I won't do them credence by repeating them
    Sure there are, mista but something needs to change. A fit Marriott is ***** to us, imo, but he’s been just a ‘bit part’ player for about the last eight months now.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sure there are, mista but something needs to change. A fit Marriott is ***** to us, imo, but he’s been just a ‘bit part’ player for about the last eight months now.
    RA yes spot on I honestly have not a clue what the true problem is I've heard that many different things . But this team have real problems imo Davies was terrible yesterday he's always played in the left centre back position But because Clarke is left footed he's on the right ,looks completely lost ,slow cumbersome doesn't look fit Problem is we can't change anything no defenders in the U23s any where near ready Watched them against Everton ,Forsyth played centre back did well got 90mins but he's left footed as well We've got two ultra slow centre backs so don't expect many clean sheets I watched Wigan beat the dogs today and I'm pretty confident they will beat us Theve for some very good players full of desire ,pace,skill. everything we don't have Forest played well but Wigan were better

RA yes spot on I honestly have not a clue what the true problem is I've heard that many different things . But this team have real problems imo Davies was terrible yesterday he's always played in the left centre back position But because Clarke is left footed he's on the right ,looks completely lost ,slow cumbersome doesn't look fit Problem is we can't change anything no defenders in the U23s any where near ready Watched them against Everton ,Forsyth played centre back did well got 90mins but he's left footed as well We've got two ultra slow centre backs so don't expect many clean sheets I watched Wigan beat the dogs today and I'm pretty confident they will beat us Theve for some very good players full of desire ,pace,skill. everything we don't have Forest played well but Wigan were better
    Wisdom right sided CD?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wisdom right sided CD?
    A suggestion I have made in the past rA. Either as part of the back 4 or as part of a back 3....

.....one change that is desperately needed IMO is to give Lawro some slack and play him either as part of a front 2 working around Martin or as the centre of the 3 attacking MFs because (no pun intended) he is wasted out wide.

MA I'm not having a go at him because he saved us from a rout But come on he's 6ft 5mins it's his job to clear that ball that's his job When the opposition manager points out your goalkeepers weakness then we have a problem Because you can guarantee every other team will now play on him Starting with Wigan on Wednesday ,would I drop him no but only because we don't have anyone better
    I agree that he has been less than average on crosses for much of the season. I would argue that he has been much better in the last 3 games. On Saturday the only one he didn't get was because he was blocked off by the Bonne/Malone combo. All of the rest he either caught or, when it was necessary, he punched away. The history is there but you have to see the whole picture and that is showing an improvement when so many of his teammates appear to be less effective from game to game

A suggestion I have made in the past rA. Either as part of the back 4 or as part of a back 3....

.....one change that is desperately needed IMO is to give Lawro some slack and play him either as part of a front 2 working around Martin or as the centre of the 3 attacking MFs because (no pun intended) he is wasted out wide.
    MA spot on about Lawrence if we have to play him which I hope we don't . Then he has to be in the centre Keep him involved and we might just see something of him, but I won't hold my breath ,hate to see talent wasted that lad has serious problems in his head

I agree that he has been less than average on crosses for much of the season. I would argue that he has been much better in the last 3 games. On Saturday the only one he didn't get was because he was blocked off by the Bonne/Malone combo. All of the rest he either caught or, when it was necessary, he punched away. The history is there but you have to see the whole picture and that is showing an improvement when so many of his teammates appear to be less effective from game to game
    I

MA sorry don't buy the blocking off but he's on the other side Bonne/Malone He lets people boss him that's a problem Yes he has been better lately but it's still heart in mouth time with me, especially if he has a decision to make ie on the ground He dropped a couple of crosses and got lucky nobody didn't tap one in But he's th least of our worries at the moment . The two lucky wins over Brum and Luton have to some extent glossed over to poor we are

I

MA sorry don't buy the blocking off but he's on the other side Bonne/Malone He lets people boss him that's a problem Yes he has been better lately but it's still heart in mouth time with me, especially if he has a decision to make ie on the ground He dropped a couple of crosses and got lucky nobody didn't tap one in But he's th least of our worries at the moment . The two lucky wins over Brum and Luton have to some extent glossed over to poor we are
    You can debate as much as you like but Mount Wilson & Timori have been replaced with Dowell Paterson & Clarke
    there's your problem
    Blame the club as a whole for not bring in like for like replacements
    Call themselves knowledgable football people absolute joke, any Derby fan could foresee this was going to happen

Dowell never got regular football for Sheff Utd
    same can be said of Paterson ask your self why ..........now we know why .......
    Clarke untried Championship player
    same as Shinnie
    Amazing to think this has been allowed to happen
    Where were the Prem loans , no help from Chelsea which surprises me

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    You can debate as much as you like but Mount Wilson & Timori have been replaced with Dowell Paterson & Clarke
    there's your problem
    Blame the club as a whole for not bring in like for like replacements
    Call themselves knowledgable football people absolute joke, any Derby fan could foresee this was going to happen

Dowell never got regular football for Sheff Utd
    same can be said of Paterson ask your self why ..........now we know why .......
    Clarke untried Championship player
    same as Shinnie
    Amazing to think this has been allowed to happen
    Where were the Prem loans , no help from Chelsea which surprises me
    Eddy of course your right but only stating the obvious . We had virtually no money to spend so where do you pick up a Tomori Mount or Wilson . Not like theve gone to another Championship club is it Dowell was never going to be a regular at Sheff U they were already top of the league when he went there Clarke is untried but if Chris Hughton was prepared to pay £3million for him he must have thought he would make a Prem player Shinnie is decent player captained Aberdeen and came for free Paterson always been a bit hit and miss ,but he has more skill to create something than any other player we have As for Chelsea loans did you see the cryptic message that Jody Morris out on Twitter about MM that could maybe the reason In not sure

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)