+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I didn't want us in the playoffs this season anyway!

I didn't go so can't say much. However, I have spoken to a couple who went and they confirm mista's assessment. Two very ordinary sides with little to offer other than effort! Badly totally lacking creativity and reliant on mistakes.
    Apparently, they tried to win the game late on and, with Derby noticeably wilting, cashed in on our routine defensive ineptitude.
    It would seem it all made for a long journey home.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA good footballers don't always make good managers. Entirely different hanging Dutch football with naturally gifted players. The Championship is a whole new ball game to him. Have to admit he's had a poor hand to deal with ,the time factor for pre season, lack of signings, losing Keogh Huddleston Bogle ,Marriott who looks about as fit as I do. The problem when your not playing well ,the manager is always on a loser with fans some want a settled side and some demand changes Personally I would only use Martin of the bench ,he seems to have little impact when he starts Obviously were missing Keogh for his organisation but Huddleston is a bigger miss imo We are way short on the football brain side There were pluses today the effort was there ,one but if skill we would have got three points because they were there for the taking ,but as usual decisions and final pass poor again Not sure how they beat Forest

I thought we bought in a man at the start of the season that knows the Championship inside out, to advise Cocu
    Well was he was told to keep his opinions to himself, or was he to timid to say what he really thinks, because whenever I heard Rosenior speak last season he always grasped the problem
    It was obvious to any knowledgable person, with any Championship know how, we would struggle . We lack flair an ability to do something different
    We have two left backs - one can't defend in Lowe & one that won't go forward and keeps turning to his own goal, so whichever one we play we lack something
    We have two centre backs that are frightend of going forward because they lack pace
    We have no winger on the books who can beat a full back and resort to playing makeshift wide men in Waghorn Marriott Holmes Lawrence whoever it is, we look unbalanced
    Lawrence should be down the middle, in behind the front man, who that is don't know, don't think Marriott will ever be fully fit
    The only answer I can see is play 3 at the back and push Bogle & Lowe into a five man midfield and stick with it
    Biggest problem is our midfield 3 are not strong enough
    No quick fix here. January can't come soon enough
    We need a massive change in personel

This league is dog vomit lets be honest

If we go down it'll be the worst relegation we've suffered by a long way, at least the 11 point season we were up against top quality opposition week in week out. This league you've got a team sitting top who can't even beat Barnsley or Charlton at home. Leeds who everyone raves about that pass and pass and pass and can't hit a barn door from 5 yards.

I think we're fine in that regard. But Cocu needs time to bring in his own players, because this lot are s***

I can see 80 points winning this league this season

Shows how sh*** it is

Don't forget we have Rooney to inspire us in January! I don't want us to go out and buy another Johnson and Butterfield in January, we need to have a long term plan, or it'll be the same again next year

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I can see 80 points winning this league this season

Shows how sh*** it is
    Surely if 80 points might win the league this season it shows how close it is rather than how sh*** it is.

There is no stand out team this season. WBA, Charlton, Leeds, Swansea and Preston have all had their moments and however rubbish we’ve been - and we have - three of the four of those we’ve played have failed to get the better of us.

I’m not for one minute saying I expect us to go up but...we are 16th - exactly where Aston Villa were at the same stage last season, we are only five points off sixth place and we have already got one signing in place who may make a huge difference - or fall flat on his face - depending upon how it works out.

One side usually makes a late successful dash for glory. Last year it was Villa...the year before, Fulham. Makes hard watching at the moment I know and we do look rudderless at times but let’s keep a sense of perspective.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-10-2019 at 09:19 AM.

I made 2 comments on Cocu when he arrived. One he proved he has changed. The one where I said most of the young uns he brought on at PSV were external signings. He has genuinely given "our own" a chance which I applaud.

I also said his teams play "in a business-like" fashion which some may find boring. I think I got that bit right.

What I do applaud is that he has used several different systems this season and has changed formation in games as well.

I think we can all agree that we aren't doing that well. I also think Cocu will sort it and we have to accept that this season is likely to be one of transition.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    I thought we bought in a man at the start of the season that knows the Championship inside out, to advise Cocu
    Well was he was told to keep his opinions to himself, or was he to timid to say what he really thinks, because whenever I heard Rosenior speak last season he always grasped the problem
    It was obvious to any knowledgable person, with any Championship know how, we would struggle . We lack flair an ability to do something different
    We have two left backs - one can't defend in Lowe & one that won't go forward and keeps turning to his own goal, so whichever one we play we lack something
    We have two centre backs that are frightend of going forward because they lack pace
    We have no winger on the books who can beat a full back and resort to playing makeshift wide men in Waghorn Marriott Holmes Lawrence whoever it is, we look unbalanced
    Lawrence should be down the middle, in behind the front man, who that is don't know, don't think Marriott will ever be fully fit
    The only answer I can see is play 3 at the back and push Bogle & Lowe into a five man midfield and stick with it
    Biggest problem is our midfield 3 are not strong enough
    No quick fix here. January can't come soon enough
    We need a massive change in personel
    Great assessment Eddy can't argue with any of that The only surprise to me is we've got 18points I've called them out for lack of effort ,but the last two games it's been there ,but we have no creator ,never really look like scoring ,can't see it changing with the personal we have at the moment Worrrying times and with a nine point deduction hanging over us .Oh to be a ram

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Surely if 80 points might win the league this season it shows how close it is rather than how sh*** it is.

There is no stand out team this season. WBA, Charlton, Leeds, Swansea and Preston have all had their moments and however rubbish we’ve been - and we have - three of the four of those we’ve played have failed to get the better of us.

I’m not for one minute saying I expect us to go up but...we are 16th - exactly where Aston Villa were at the same stage last season, we are only five points off sixth place and we have already got one signing in place who may make a huge difference - or fall flat on his face - depending upon how it works out.

One side usually makes a late successful dash for glory. Last year it was Villa...the year before, Fulham. Makes hard watching at the moment I know and we do look rudderless at times but let’s keep a sense of perspective.
    RA yes we've taken points (undeserved mainly) of WBA Leeds and Swansea th difference is we had Keogh and Huddleston then

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA yes we've taken points (undeserved mainly) of WBA Leeds and Swansea th difference is we had Keogh and Huddleston then
    Very true, mista. Maybe a few moaners will realise what Keogh provided now.
    Good to see him back at the ground on Wednesday anyway.

I’m just trying to look on the bright side.
    I accept that we’re not very good and that it’s been a disappointing season, but plenty have always seen this as a rebuilding season.
    Now that the reality, and additional unpredictable events, have kicked in people are predicting relegation and having a pop at Cocu and Morris.
    Fairly sure we’re not going down - although a defeat next Saturday would be worrying - and I can’t pretend to understand many of Cocu’s substitutions but we don’t want to turn into Forest and start sacking staff as soon as the going gets tough do we?
    We’re two and a half months/laps into a nine month/lap season/race. Long way to go and all is not lost...imo.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)