+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: I didn't want us in the playoffs this season anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You may be right and certainly have a point about Huddlestone’s fitness record.

Tbf...I haven’t referred to his ‘record as a manager’ but I suspect your comments on the ‘drinking and indiscipline’ may be unfounded.

We, well I certainly, simply don’t know how indicative that night’s activities were. The difference may just be that there was an accident that night and they got ‘caught’ on that particular occasion. Football and alcohol have always been natural bedfellows and although they may not have ever been guilty of drinking and driving I don’t believe that even such heroes as Wright, McMinn, McFarland and Mackay were immune to ‘sessions’ during the season.

I may not be right about Cocu but I hope you’re wrong. I don’t understand all his decisions - like playing Marriott out wide on Wednesday night - but there was certainly no shortage of ‘togetherness’ from the dugout that night and I think he deserves longer. He’s been in charge for two and a half difficult months and deserves a break imo.
    RA Not sure about Huddlestons injury record ,he signed July 2017 that's two full seasons and two months He's made 85appearances so not that bad

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA Not sure about Huddlestons injury record ,he signed July 2017 that's two full seasons and two months He's made 85appearances so not that bad
    That too is a fair point. Must admit I didn’t think he’d played that often but it kind of reinforces my point about the things that have gone wrong and been beyond Cocu’s control in the last couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    We're just going to have to accept we're rebuilding
    Transition my a**e! As Jim Royle might say.
    Wake up! Mel has selected a European coach.
    Cocu is not a manager in the English meaning of the word for the English game.
    He's Derby's Dr. Venglos.
    Replace him now!
    Or prepare to suffer a relegation battle.
    I suggest Paul Simpson. He'd kick this lot into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzy View Post
    Replace him now!
    Why, because he played for us in the 90's? What's wrong with a European coach? Do you know who manages the top clubs in this country? He does have support from people within the English game. Maybe Mike Bassett would suit?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Why, because he played for us in the 90's? What's wrong with a European coach? Do you know who manages the top clubs in this country? He does have support from people within the English game. Maybe Mike Bassett would suit?
    Little bit harsh ther Adi. Simmo managed the England U20s to World Cup success in 2017. Could he translate that to club football? He was assistant to SmC so knows some things that work and has also seen what doesn't.......

On the other hand there is the old adage of never going back and he has been here twice, once as a player and once as assistant manager........

Of the DCFC old boys out there, he probably has more claim to a go at the job than most. Johnno and Chris Powell are both coaching England sides now but neither has the right experience yet IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Very true, mista. Maybe a few moaners will realise what Keogh provided now.
    Good to see him back at the ground on Wednesday anyway.

I’m just trying to look on the bright side.
    I accept that we’re not very good and that it’s been a disappointing season, but plenty have always seen this as a rebuilding season.
    Now that the reality, and additional unpredictable events, have kicked in people are predicting relegation and having a pop at Cocu and Morris.
    Fairly sure we’re not going down - although a defeat next Saturday would be worrying - and I can’t pretend to understand many of Cocu’s substitutions but we don’t want to turn into Forest and start sacking staff as soon as the going gets tough do we?
    We’re two and a half months/laps into a nine month/lap season/race. Long way to go and all is not lost...imo.
    Well your as usual optimistic! Can't see us going down? I can, we shouldn't but its very easy to get into a downward spiral and whilst you say we are 6 pts off a play off place, we are also 6 pts off a relegation place!

How many ****ing rebuilding seasons are we going to have? Why is it a transition season? because we have a new manager? Plenty of other clubs get new managers and don't settle for a transition season!

We should be in pole position, one of the clubs apart from the 3 relegated from the prem challenging for promotion.

Yet here we are fiddling to keep within FPP and a very mediocre side. Can't see Mel Morris being able to fund this much longer, regrettably as history has shown we pay over the odds for crap players and rarely strike gold with our managerial appointments.

We were shocking on Saturday, its an effort to watch this bunch and IMO Cocu won't be in charge past Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Little bit harsh ther Adi. Simmo managed the England U20s to World Cup success in 2017. Could he translate that to club football? He was assistant to SmC so knows some things that work and has also seen what doesn't.......

On the other hand there is the old adage of never going back and he has been here twice, once as a player and once as assistant manager........

Of the DCFC old boys out there, he probably has more claim to a go at the job than most. Johnno and Chris Powell are both coaching England sides now but neither has the right experience yet IMO.
    Sorry. Yes harsh and not intended personally to the chap. Just annoys me that we don't give a different direction a proper chance

Let's have a look at who we haven't got in the squad that we did last season plus those who have missed much of this (and previous seasons). If all fit we would be top.

We didnt, adequately, replace Mount, Tomori or Wilson. Johnson, Bryson, Cole & Carson have all gone. *We are missing through injury Keogh, Huddlestone, Evans, and until recently Marriott and Bogle and Martin. Anya still injured and Forsyth almost fit as is Wisdom.

That's one hell of a squad if we had them all and they were al fit.

but we dont

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzy View Post
    Replace him now!
    Is Nozzy short for Nottingham by the way

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)